Wednesday 9 November 2011

week 7


Week 7 and the weather is awesome. You would never guess we are into November. The boys are doing great and are still biking and scootering. Kaedo is even still practicing outdoors. Craig and I are looking forward to spending the day together on Friday as he is not working and the boys will be in school. After the last month of barely seeing him I am looking forward to getting the chance to spend some one on one time. I sound like a whiny kid, don't I?

For now I think the blog will be a little sparse as I am crocheting madly trying to get enough hats together for the show next weekend. The store where I sell my stuff has asked for more inventory and a supply of baby hats as well, so I have been furiously trying to get some done for them. Right now I think I could crochet in my sleep. I have lots of new ones to show and will post them here and on facebook. Now that I've said blogging will be a little light, I'm bound to find a way to write something every day. It always works that way with me.

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Glad to hear your weather is staying nice for you guys. Here the sun is shining, blue sky and quite nice EXCEPT for all the ice and snow already. One has to be very, very careful when walking both on streets and sidewalks.

Hope you and Craig enjoy your day together. Still can't believe the boys have to go to school on Remembrance Day.

Sounds like you've figured out how to make little hats as well Shannon - good for you. Everything will turn out just great for you - you're doing a fantastic job with your hats.

We went out for a visit with mom today and took one of her friends along with us. The highway was clear so that was good. Not looking forward to when the snow flies and we feel bad about not getting out to visit her.

Stan's off to the Bronco game tonight and I'm going to sit and go through 2 bags of photos that Roberta brought over from mom's stuff. I might need a glass of wine to get me through it because Roberta said while she was doing it, there were a few tears.

Hope your day went well - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

The weather here is great also. We have no snow or ice like you do Shirley, we lucked out and the snow you had passed us by.

Got up early today and had the motorhome at the garage by 8. Wanted to have the transmission fluid changed, oil change, tires brought up to the optimal pressure and everything that could be checked done. We then went to Calgary to do a bit of shopping at stores unheard of in Lethbridge. Took mom for lunch and got back to Lethbridge a little after 4. We picked up the motorhome and we were all set up again in no time but we didn't put any lights up or wheel covers on. We can be out of here in 15 minutes if it turns cold, which it isn't supposed to do for at least another week.

The hats are great Shannon. I love the first one with the green and blue. I'm also partial to the ones with ear covers but I don't think I'd wear one. Although I love them, I see myself in the beret style. I wish we were going to be there for the craft show, just to watch everyone fight over your hats. Should you wear one??You look great in a hat and my thought is that it should totally different from what you're displaying. Something wild, off the wall, that most people wouldn't wear but it gives them the awareness of how artistic you are. It goes from being a crocheter to an artisan. Whatever you decide, it will be right choice. I really love all of the ones you have displayed and I'm with you on the green one but....can't decide.

Remembrance Day tomorrow and we're hoping to go to one of the ceremonies. I know it isn't a holiday in the east but we always had to stand for two minutes of silence at 11 a.m. not only in school but also at work. I remember coming home and all the men were coming out of the Legion, pissed to the gills. They couldn't remember anything the next day. I guess that's why it wasn't called Remembrance Day back then in Quebec. No disrespect intended. Just a funny memory from my youth.

Love to all

Denis & Irene said...

Yes, my darling boys, you're as gorgeous as ever.