Wednesday 2 November 2011

Saturday - a bit out of order

Saturday morning Kaedo headed out with Craig to his football game and so it was just Sterling and I. I wanted to go to a big craft fair in Oshawa and Sterling decided to join me for some "recon". Our priority was to scope out the competition in the hat department. From what we could see, there was no real competition. The hats I have created are much different than those we saw and Sterling was not very impressed with the ones we saw. (awww - always in mom's corner).

So, now I can announce that I will be participating in the Eastdale Fall Fair on Nov 19 and 20th. This is my first craft show in 10 years. I know it's 10 because I was in the hospital last time I did a show. 10 years seems to be my cycle, I guess. I'm very nervous but excited and hope all goes well and we sell a lot. I have two little worker bees who want to join me, so they will be honing their selling skills. I'm very nervous but looking forward to it. Nowadays, I'm busy "hookin" like crazy.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Wishing you all the best on the 19th & 20th Shannon - we know you will do great! Your two helpers will be an added bonus - all the young girls will want to check them out and for sure buy hats from them.

Beautiful morning here this morning - just got home from Curves and Stan has coffee ready for me.

We are heading out to Herbert this morning to have lunch with mom on her birthday. We are having cake and coffee around 2:00 and 3 of her friends are driving out. Hope things go well.

Have a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Shirley, you hit it right on the head (no pun intended). The young girls will want to check out those boys of ours. They'll probably take quite a while to make up their minds as to which hat they want.

Wind died down around 2 pm and it's been beautiful ever since. I love that it's still light out but next week it will be dark at this time of day. The only bonus might be that we'll get up earlier in the morning. It's dark until about 8.15 am now.

Denis went to lunch with Dave and I did chores most of the day. Sorted out all the Christmas purchases made so far and see that we're almost finished. My deadline is next week so I hope that's the case.

Love to all