Wednesday 12 May 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

It is only 2:24pm and I have already had a FANTASTIC day! Thank you for all the well wishes. My day started at 12:01am with a call from Jessica declaring herself to be FIRST to call to wish me a happy day. It is a long standing battle to be first to wish "happy .... " to the people in our family and Jessica definitely won this one.

Kaedo was heading to the Science Centre today with his class so we all got up early and took him to school for 7:45am. Since we were up Sterling and I decided to have breakfast together then headed up to Wal-Mart for some much needed unders for him. Needless to say we had had breakfast and been to Wal-Mart all before school started.

Got a call from mom and dad singing their hearts out while we were having breakfast and it was great. After dropping Sterling off at school I got a pedicure with some of the birthday money I got. Awesome! After that I headed to Yorkdale Mall (almost at the airport) to window shop through the beautiful stores they have. Think Gucci, Coach, Louis Vuitton, etc. AWESOME! I spent about 90 minutes looking around and while in Coach I got a call from Stan and Shirley. Their singing was great too.

After leaving the mall I made my way back home and got a much needed oil change. How long can the light be on before your car quits working????

This evening Craig is coming home a little early and we are spending our much saved Scene Points to get four tickets to "Ironman 2". We are so looking forward to seeing the movie and we have been saving all our points for about 3 months so that we can go for free. I always like the movies more when they are free. Hard to be disappointed when it doesn't cost anything.

No cake for me this year as I am working hard to lose all the weight I have gained over the years. I have splurged today and will have to work the rest of the week to get back on track.

Thank you for the money, the gift cards, the KOBO, the well wishes. It has been a wonderful birthday.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Glad you had such a super birthday day, I just cry at mine. My mother always told me I'd be sorry for wishing I was older when I was young. You were right Mom.

Nice stores in that mall, we'll have to go in July. Really like Louis Vuitton.

Emma has soccer tonight, right in the middle of a most important hockey game. Jessica let us off the hook but we had promised Em so we'll be at soccer....then a mad dash home for the third period.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday for a wonderful, beautiful person - we love you very much!!