Thursday 6 May 2010

From the Archives





These pictures are from March 2004. Can you believe it? Dad brought all the pieces they needed to build these cars and the boys spent a whole morning working on them with him. They loved those cars. There were many smash-up derbys in our house in 2004.
Not too much else going on here. The weather is great and the boys are in shorts and loving being outside until dark. Craig is going to a fancy dinner tonight so it will just be me and the boys. Looking forward to being with them, as always.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Oh how I remember those trucks! I remember how Baba made sure he had all the pieces the right length with all the tools, nuts and bolts. Being the practical person that I am, the thing I remember the most is the horrible mess they made on the walls. I do remember how thrilled and enthralled the boys were though. Thanks Shannon, that is a another great memory you've posted.


Don't know what the project will be this year but I'm sure the motorhome will be weighed down with every tool that may be needed for whatever project is decided upon. Very fun...I just cook and clean during that male bonding time, like women have done in all the previous generations. lol

I'm now grandparenting a little one who'se crawling all over the motorhome, so

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Seeing the boys working with their Baba on something that they had so much fun with is priceless. They have grown up so much from that photo - comparing the one on the blog the day before and the top one for today - WOW!!

Irene - I do the same while the boys are working in the garage with grampa - the Sask. wind chimes came to mind when the boys were here two years ago. They saw them at Sarcan when we took bottles and cans in and figured that's what they wanted to make with grampa. I wonder if they're blowing in the Ontario wind like they did in the Saskatchewan wind!!

Hope you're all having a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!