Saturday 26 September 2009

Where has the time gone?

My oh My, Saturday already. Where has the time gone? We are having a blast here all together. Wednesday night, their flight was late, but better late than never. I met them at the carousel and was so happy to have mom, dad, Jessica, Em and Sparkly come to visit. Thursday morning started bright and early with a stop off at Starbucks and a visit in their hotel room (all before 8am). The boys went to school and we went and visited with GG and had lunch and then off to work for me. I called Craig at 6:30pm to see how everything was and he informed me that the ambulance was here because Em had fallen getting out of the trampoline. She had completely knocked the wind out of herself and had stopped breathing. I rushed to the hospital from work and stayed with mom, Jessica, Em and Sparkly until about 9:45pm. Mom and I brought Sparkly home and Jessica and Em returned about an hour later. So scary! She is feeling much better now, thank god.
Friday we went into T.O. and went to Casa Loma for the day. I headed into work from there and the rest of them just hung out. The boys were thrilled to get the day off school. I learned that my new shift schedule had been approved and this week I start my new shift that includes longer daily hours but Wednesday's off so I can be with the fam. So looking forward to that.
Today we had GG's birthday party and then mom took the boys to the movies, Jessica, Dad and Sparkly went back to the Manor to visit with GG and "anti Craig" and I took Em to Bulk Barn and Price Chopper. We then played a quasi game of Doodle Dice, went to the park, and now she is watching Shrek. Craig is working and I am doing this. Tonight, Jessica and I are off for a night of debauchery (ha - the movies) and mom will be getting our picnic ready for NIAGARA FALLS!!!! Kaedo is going to sleep over at a friends house tonight and we will be picking him up bright and early tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow Niagara Falls is in the cards and thank goodness it is a bit of a drive, as Kaedo will probably need the sleep. On the way back, Craig and dad are going to stop off in Burlington and pick up a BBQ that a co-worker of Craig's is giving us. Jessica picked up a bottle of wine for me to give to her and I've decorated that and Craig will leave it for her tomorrow.
Who knows what Monday will bring, but I know it will include many more hugs, lots of packing and some farewells.
I know the adage is "short and sweet", but this trip has been a little too short.
I have been so lucky to have a lot of opportunities to bond with my new niece and my "medium girl" niece still loves me. It has been so great to hold and cuddle Avery and hold hands and talk with Em. Jessica is doing such a great job with them. They are awesome. Craig and I are truly blessed to have such great nieces and nephews. We love them all so much.

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Shannon - Congrats on your new shift schedule - hope everything works out great for you.

I'm sure everyone had a wonderful day in Niagra Falls.

We had Gail here from Friday around 4:30 p.m. and she left this morning around 11:00 a.m. Her and I had a wonderful time visiting with each other. Dad's watching golf and I'm getting caught up on photos etc. We're going to a 40th anniversary celebration at 4:00 p.m. which is at Houston's for a supper and then we're going to Hank & Jewel's for cake & coffee to help Hank celebrate his b'day.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

We're home safe and sound after a wonderful ride via WestJet. We had a good drive home after we got off the plane also. It takes only 40 minutes longer to get from Toronto to Calgary by plane than it does to get from Calgary to Medicine Hat by car. Emma and Avery are exceptional travelers. Emma wheels her bag through the crowds, down the escalators and along the moving sidewalks as though she'd done it for the last 20 years. She is definitely a seasoned traveler. No one is allowed to help her and like most women, she has to stop at the bathroom as soon as she de-planes. Her and Avery were no sooner in the van and they were asleep. We stopped at a drive thru, grabbed a burger and were home by 3. Three loads of laundry later and we're ready to get into the routine, isn't that a drag. We are definitely ready to hit the road again.

The boys are awesome and we had such a great time with them. They are so game for anything. We walked in the pouring rain in Niagara falls, went bowling, saw a movie, played mini golf, went to GGs birthday lunch, played games and just had a wonderful time. I hate to think that we won't see those handsome guys until July 2010. Casa Loma was a huge success which we are so glad of. That could have gone either way. So little time, so much to do and yet we got most of it done. It will probably take a week of large sleeps to get back to normal. Our hotel was very nice and it wasn't too far from the family. The trip was too short but we got everything accomplished. We didn't plan for a night in the hospital with Emma though. So glad that turned out well as it was extremely frightening at the time and the first time I've every called 911.

Love to all

Annette said...

So I'm walking through Michaels, and I pick up an awesome must have Disney Scrapbook Ideas book and start flipping through it....when low and behold your pages are in there!!!! So Jeremy came up and I showed him, then I of course had to buy the book even more.... What beautiful work!

Annette Klassen

p.s. Sorry if it's creepy I msg'd your blog....but had to let you know how cool it was to find your work....though come to think of it I might have seen it in Canadian Scrapbooker too!?!?