Thursday 17 September 2009

Thursday already?

Seems that I always say that on Thursdays, doesn't it? Man, does the week fly by.
The boys have meet the teacher night at school. Craig is going to take them and meet the teachers and talk to the music teacher. Thanks to everyone who weighed in on "Clarinetgate". I appreciate it. I spoke with Sterling's Music teacher yesterday morning and we have decided that I am going to buy him a new mouthpiece and he will have his own reed. That, along with disinfecting the instrument should work out OK. My major concern is getting any allergen close to his mouth. I think this was a good middle of the road decision. We have to be so careful not to scare him out of living his life but we also need to keep him safe. Like Kelly said, schools are a dirty place. I guess everywhere is, really.
Might be having some boys over for a sleepover Saturday night. We'll see if that pans out. Wolverine is new on DVD, so I am sure that is on Craig's agenda. I think he and Sterling will also finish watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Gross. My "guilty pleasure" TV show is on as well, so I might take an hour and watch that.
Football and bowling are also on the menu. I'll be getting my exercise going between the lanes. Sterling also asked about a trip to the Zoo. We'll see if there are any extra kids spending the night first.
Next week is a busy week with our company coming on Wednesday night and Stan's birthday on Wednesday. While we won't be able to celebrate with him in person, we will be there in spirit. Who will be first to get the birthday call in????

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

The weeks just fly by don't they Shannon! Hope you have a great Thursday. I went Line Dancing this morning and coffee after at a Alzheimer Tea. We have a terrible windy day here and Stan and I have picked up lots of apples off the ground - some are chewed at by birds and others okay. We hope to wait for a frost before picking them all but maybe they'll all be on the ground by the end of the day. We hit a record high yesterday and they're saying it will be possible again today. Stan left 1/2 hr. ago to go visit Gramma Klassen. Robert joined him - thank goodness.

Hope everything goes well with Meet The Teachers Night Craig! Also, hope everything works out for Sterling with the clarinet.

The weekend sounds very busy for all of you - HAVE FUN!!! Hope you get to take in the zoo if you have as beautiful weather as we do - enjoy it while it's here RIGHT!! Our weekend is going to busy as well. This is the weekend that Stan, Mike, Kelly & Jacob are going to the NHL hockey game. Mike's b'day is Sept. 22nd and Stan's the 23rd and it's their b'day present from Kelly, Petrica, Jacob & Caleb. We will drive up on Saturday to P.A., the game is on Sunday night at 7:00 p.m. so the guys will drive to Saskatoon to take in the game, arrive home late and then we'll head home on Monday morning. Then I guess I have to get ready for a special man's b'day celebration. Cake & coffee is on the agenda for Wednesday night.

Tomorrow Stan & I are going golfing at 9:20 a.m. and using up his last two game passes. Looking forward to getting out again. We thought about going today but are sure glad we didn't - winds are up to 70 km. and very, very hot.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

KPJC said...

Good luck with Clarinetgate. Sterling seems very aware and mature about his allergy and I think will be able to deal with most things at school. How was "Meet the Creature"? as we like to call it in PA. As for us we are doing well - Caleb is driving Jacob nuts with his increased mobility - and he has not even started to walk. I foresee a few battles in our future. I vaguely remember a couple of titantic battles between Craig and I.
As for the phone call on the 23rd - you guys might have the advantage with the time difference, but we do get up early in this household!!! Poor Mom and Dad, not being able to sleep in that day.