Saturday 5 September 2009

so lucky...

...to have this wonderful woman in my life. With both of us working all week, we have begun to set aside Saturday mornings for a marathon chat session. I look so forward to these talks that I even sent her a text last night to confirm we were still on for this morning. Thank goodness she is an early riser as I called her at 8am.
I am one of the lucky one who truly considers their mom as not only their parent but also a friend. A good friend. A great friend. Isn't it wonderful when you don't just love your family, you like them too? I sometimes think that is more important. There is a sense that because they are family the love is automatic. That isn't the case with "like". I am blessed enough to truly say I like my mom. Alot. A real lot. She's awesome!
Anyways - mom - I love you, I like you, I cherish our friendship. You are the best. Thanks for always be there for me. For loving me unconditionally and most importantly, for wanting to be my friend as well as my mom. That means the world to me. I love you!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

ok, the eyes are a little wet. Thank you Shannon. The Saturday morning gabathons are wonderful, something I look so forward to also. I cherish your friendship and I consider myself blessed to be your mom. I used to say to you and Jessica that you will never know how it feels to be a mom until you are one. I was right on. Now you have to wait until you're grandparents to know how full your heart is. Stan, Shirley and ourselves are so blessed to have children that are not only our offspring but also our friends. I cannot tell you how full our hearts are knowing that we have two wonderful, loving children and four wonderful grandchildren that we have access to whenever and wherever we want. You now know how totally important your children are in your life, consider what it's like to have grandchildren also. You'll just have to wait and see how wonderful that is. We are so blessed to have such a loving close family even though we may not be close physically. Can't wait to see you.

We went to the only winery in Saskatchewan today. It was quite lovely. The lunch was excellent, the wine not to our taste but it was definitely worth the wonderful drive on a lovely day. The setting is lovely and very laid back. Denis and I shared a glass of rhubarb wine and a glass of saskatoon wine. The rhubarb was way too sweet for us but the saskatoon was quite nice. We didn't buy any to take home but the experience of having lunch on the deck, in a vineyard, in Saskatchewan was worth the half hour it took in the lineup to pay the bill. No one was impatient, everyone was there for the experience and we'd recommend it to anyone who has a day with good weather and nothing special to do. Actually, this would be a special day as it really is a wonderful experience. We will definitely do it again. Never let anyone tell you that Sk. is a flat prairie, we did some major hills today.

Our new floor is coming along great. It will probably be finished next week as Denis is working on it only after work. Weekends are for fun. We are going to Calgary tomorrow to visit my mom. I think she knows who I am, she definitely knows who Denis is. I never want to live long enough to get to the point that I don't know who my relatives are, but I'm so happy that she is happy that Denis is coming. We'll get there just after her lunch, go for coffee, play Yatzee and leave when she goes for supper. She'll then forget we've been there and wonder why none of her family visit her. Sad, but that's life.

Monday, Denis works but I am very fortunate as I'll be grandmothering while Jessica and Ken have a business golf session. That's the way I'd like to do business. Contacts are very important in this oil recession time. Jessica will play 9, come home and nurse Avery and then catch up with them on the 12th, which is just two houses from her back yard. How convenient!!!!

Summer is happening, even though autumn is near.

Love to all