Tuesday 2 June 2009

Tuesday

Ear aches - the bane of my existence. Back to the clinic today with Kaedo - and lo and behold - both ears are infected! So, onto some antibiotics that I will have to force down his throat for the next 7 days, in the hopes that his ears will clear up before it is time to put up the pool.
Yesterday when we went to the clinic his ears were fine. I knew that when he was complaining (he had a cold compress pressed to his ear) that I should have insisted we do something preventative, but alas I did not. Now I have another trip to the clinic under my belt. Anyone keeping count would note that it is three trips in 24 hours. (a refill of a prescription rounds out the three)

Did my midnight shift last night. People progressively get more drunk between 9pm and midnight. People also seem to misplace their cards more between 9pm and midnight. I'm sure there is a correlation.

School is almost out and Thursday Sterling has his last school trip of the year. He will be participating in a "Race Against Drugs" program in B'ville with all the grade 5 classes. Kaedo will be heading to Medieval Times on the 22nd with all the grade 4s.

Kaedo's birthday is right around the corner and so we have to get the plans in place for that this weekend. A sleepover is on the agenda, along with a crazy meal, some DVDs, junk food and lots of fun.

Looking for some ideas for end of year gifts for male teachers. You know who you are - send me your favorite gifts! (This means you, Kelly).

Off to work in a couple of hours but for right now I am going to snuggle with the sicko and enjoy spending some one on one time with him.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Hope you boys are doing better. I know you're home today Kaedo. Nice to have mom all to yourself, isn't it?

Beautiful day today, not a cloud yet not too hot. This life of leisure is getting a little too much, time to get doing something. Sitting in my Lafuma reading is a good option.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

BIG HUGS KAEDEN - hope that medicine works real quick. You must have got the bad earaches from your dad and I do feel sorry for you because I remember all to well what Craig went through. Get all those germs out of the house so you can enjoy the rest of the fun days at school. Shannon - a suggestion for a male teacher - a Tim Horton's card would be good if you know he likes Tim Horton's. I know Kelly would enjoy that wouldn't you Kelly!

Beautiful day here today as well - we've been outside most of the time - Stan working on the fence and me tidying up or resting on the bench swing till he calls me! Just finished our "Happy Hour" and have to think of something for supper.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!