Wednesday 3 June 2009

Happy Birthday Emma!


An open letter to Emma -

Dear Em -

Four years ago I got a call telling me that you had arrived. I was so happy. A little girl. After two boys, I was going to have a niece. I was so happy for your mom and dad and your Ammy and Baba. I was so happy for my boys because they now had a cousin. I first met you at Uncle Craig's brother's wedding, and you were this big cheeked ball of sweetness. I fell in love immediately. The boys were so excited to hold you and I was so impressed by how mellow your mom was. Over the years we have seen each other twice a year and I have always tried to be involved in some way in your life.
I have a special bond with you. One no one can change or break. No one can take it away from us. You are my sweet girl.
I talked to you this morning and just loved hearing your musical voice over the phone line.
I remember coming to your first birthday and wish I could be there for your 4th. I guess what I want you to know is that I LOVE you. I will always be here for you. ALWAYS! When your mom and dad are driving you crazy, call me. When you have a school fundraiser, call me. When you need advice on boys, call me. When you want to travel to Europe for 6 months and stay in hostels and buy a Eurorail pass, talk to your dad - I don't think I would be the best choice for that conversation.
Just know that you can always count on me. I couldn't love you more if you were my own.
A Happy Birthday to my (for now) favorite niece in the world. I love you, sweet girl! You light up my life!
Big SMOOCH to you my love.
Happy 4th Birthday!
love, Anti

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Happy 4th Birthday to Emma from your cousins Grampa & Gramma. Have a fun day!

Denis & Irene said...

It was a happy birthday for Emma. She blew out her cupcake candles and then her mom had to get her an un-iced one. She likes nothing sweet. Very weird child. She loved her car and instead of steering around those of us in her way, she'd just say "watch out Amme". We finally convinced her that she had to do the watching out and that when foot was on gas, hands had to be on the wheel not folded behind her head. It was very fun and quite a laugh. We're parking our car on the next street just so she doesn't run into it again. She had a ball and that's what birthdays are all about.

That was a beautiful birthday post that you wrote to her Shannon.

She chatted with the boys and Anti Craig. She loves talking with them. She's quite a chatter box, wonder who she takes after????

Big birthday party on Saturday, parents and kids. It will be fun, they always are.

Love to all