Wednesday 20 May 2009

midnights

Yesterday was my first "pick up" shift. I worked 4-midnight. I was unsure if I would like it, but I really did. The atmosphere is very different when you work late. There is a mass exodus of people at 9pm and then again at 10pm and then there are very few of us that stay. It is quiet and different. I didn't mind it at all. I will be doing this again on Friday and again next Monday. I have the option to pick up shifts on the weekends but Craig and I agree that being at home is better. I want to be with the boys and spend time as a family and working on the weekends doesn't allow for that. So, unless I really need to, I'm going to stick with working nights. I'm hoping to pick up 3 midnights a week if that is possible. We'll see.

The boys have their "Fun Fair" at school tonight. They are looking forward to it. They have things like "Duct Tape a Teacher" and "The Cake Walk". I remember cake walks when I was in elementary school. The fun fairs I remember as a kid were so much fun. Tons of games and prizes. A really good memory. The boys didn't go last year but today is their chance. I hope they have fun.

Thanks for all the good comments on the Yo-Yo Ma-Ster. He really is so good. I love the giggle as well. It is so great! He's awesome.

Well, hope everyone has a great day. I'm only working until 9pm tonight so I will get to kiss the boys before they fall asleep. I'm sure they will have tons to tell me about! I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Glad to hear things went well for you last night. Hope the boys had fun and you'll have to let us know how they made out. By the time you read this, you will have had kisses from your boys and probably in bed yourselves. Received your card and glad to hear you treated yourself with our gift. Take care!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Glad your shift worked out well. I agree with you about the weekends, it's important for all of you to spend time together. It's also important for you not to work too much. In the long run, it's just not worth it. That's the voice of experience talking.

Great photo Craig. There is just something so awesome about birds, I could watch them for hours.

Love to all