Tuesday 19 May 2009

Are Robin's Nests Lucky?

That is the question of the day as for the third year we have a robin's nest in our tree out front. It took me awhile to notice as it is deep in the branches so there are no longer eggs as the little ones have already hatched. If everything stays true to form they will be gone within a week or two. Quite amazing for them to go from eggs to gone in a matter of a month or so.

Well this is Shannon's first night working until midnight so I am on my own. Hopefully it goes well and she's not too tired tomorrow as she will still need to get up and drive the kids to school. Since she is working so late I figured I would give her a bit of a break on the blogging.

Tomorrow night the kids have a fun fair at school so I will have to race home, feed them and get to the school in time for them to enjoy some of the festivities. Hopefully I'm not too late as the kids are looking forward to it.


Sorry I'm not nearly as witty as Shannon but its either this or nothing.

Craig

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

I'm sure the robin's nests must be lucky!! Is the photo from this year? Sounds like Shannon's job is going great seeing that she's called in for more hours - way to go!! Hope things work out for your busy schedule tomorrow and the boys have fun at their "Fun Fair". I watched the video again today of Sterling's yo-yo tricks and I'm sure if I was feeling down in the dumps, all I would have to do is to listen to his giggle. It makes me laugh listening to it.

Dad and Hank went to their aunt's funeral in Lloydminster today. They left at 7:00 a.m. and will be home tomorrow afternoon sometime. I helped Jewel out today. She had a CT scan booked a month ago and it was for today and she hated to cancel. I took her to the hospital this morning at 10:15 a.m. and after a coffee break around 11:15, we went on a mission to find her new frames - what fun it is spending some else's money!! We stopped for lunch around 2:00 p.m. and the last optical place in S.C. after that. I dropped her off around 4:00 p.m. and then went over to visit Gramma till 4:45 p.m. This evening I've been doing wash and watching whatever program I want. I'm heading off to bed early and my plans are to sleep in with no alarm going off. We'll see what happens!

Hope everything goes well tonight - love you lots.
BIG HUGS TO ALL!

shannon said...

Beautiful picture, Craig. You are so good at taking great shots. I have been trying to peek to see if we had a nest but haven't seen one. I'm going to go for a closer inspection today. Thanks for doing the post. You rock! Love you.