Saturday 16 February 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

Lunch from H E double hockey sticks!
Boston Pizza. Heart shaped pizzas. Me and the boys. No school.
All was going well - aside from the fact that Sterling had a Social Studies re-test because he failed and it just happened to land on Valentine's Day. BUT, besides that the day was going well, aside from the fact that a father in law who shall remain nameless woke me up out of the best sleep I had had in a week. BUT, besides that, it was all going well...
UNTIL (dadadahhh)
we got to BP's. We get settled with everything and our server is great. We order some pizza bread for an appetizer as we are all starving. She brings our drinks, brings our apps and all is well. Not too long after, our delicious pizzas arrived. Kaedo asked for a refill, no problem. That is until the refilled glass fell out of her hand and sprayed both boys with ice cold root beer. The server was so shocked she didn't know what to do. She sort of just stood there willing it to not be happening. I got the boys up and into the aisle and brushed off the ice and tried to squeegee off the really wet parts. I took them to the bathroom to get them cleaned up then came back to a clean up in process. The boys sat down again and I worked on getting their coats dried off. Did I mention that they were sitting on their coats when all this occured. Ya, they were sitting on their coats when all this occured. Did I mention that Kaedo had a white t-shirt on? Ya, white. So we sit down to enjoy our pizza and all is going well until I bite into someone else's hair. I can use protein just like the next person but I draw the line at that. I asked the server to remove the pizza and I am sure she avoided our section for a good 5 minutes in the hope that her tip wasn't totally blown to bits.
Here's where it gets good.. Can it get any better, you may ask?
The manager came along and was concerned there were some problems - ya think? - she re-ordered another pizza for us to take with us and assured me she would "help us out with our bill". Let's re-cap - two soaking kids, 2 sets of sticky clothes, one ruined t-shirt, two popsicle ski jackets and human dental floss caught in my molars.
At the end of it all, she graciously informed me that they were taking 20% off my bill. "That should take care of it", she said.
Ya think?





No comments: