Tuesday 5 February 2008

that's it

Hello all -
Last post for a while. I am frantically trying to get prepared for my departure on Thursday and this will have to go on hold. I'm sure Craig will post on Saturday or Sunday with pictures of Kaeden's belt ceremony. I have my fingers crossed for him. I will be back about midnight on the 13th and, as always, will be spending the day with my boys on the 14th. It is the one day of the year I pull them out of school, and we get the chance to sleep in, watch movies, and go out for Heart Shaped Pizzas at Boston Pizza. We have a good time and isn't that what Valentine's Day is about? Spending time with the loves of your life. Craig isn't able to join us this year (boo) but we will be bringing home pizza for him. Thanks mom, for the memories of doing this with you.
Have caught the flu/cold and feel terrible but am in the zone so work is getting done.
Wish me luck on maybe getting to spend an afternoon at the Magic Kingdom. One can dream.

talk later
s

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

I wish we could spend an afternoon in the Magic Kingdom with you as we did last year. I don't know why I thought Texas was closer to California than it really is. We're just 200 miles closer to Anaheim from here than we are from Medicine Hat to Courtice.

You will be prepared for your departure, you always are. Glad you're in the zone, illness and all. Sure hope you start feeling better before your flight. Probably a good thing that you're leaving later in the day.

Yes, I have great memories of heart shaped pizza and if you're going to keep your kids out of school, heart day is the best day to do it. I never remember too much getting done that day anyway.

This morning we took the motorhome in for a recall then headed to Mercedes. We shouldn't have been eligible for the real fix as the parts are so scarce, however, this wonderful service man said he'd hate to see us drive home with no cruise control, so fixed it for us. THese Texans are very helpful and super people. Can't believe George Bush comes from here.

This park in Mercedes is another awesome Texas park. We feel like we've been here for a month as the people are so friendly and welcoming. We played pool today and walked around the place, registered for a dinner and Chinese auction for Monday. Loads going on here but on a smaller scale from last week. This is a sister park with really nice park models and great looking RVs. Temperature today was 85F in the shade, a little to warm for me but I suffered through it. I just had to see the temperature up north. Got a call from Dayle and they're heading south on Sunday. Might catch up with them after Jessica goes home, depending where they are. Looking forward to seeing Jessica and Emma, not too much longer. Wishing we were going to California again this year Shannon, but we wanted you to experience the Marriott and not the Marrihole. Do you think the mold on the ceiling has expanded from last year?

Love to all

KPJC said...

Good luck with your trip. Teh pictures that you sent came today - thank you. It is amazing how much they have grown up. Pretty soon Sterling is going to be the same age as my students!!!!

Here in PA we have a new hockey fan. Every evening is spent playing hockey in the kitchen or living room as the puck slides easier on the laminate flooring. Jacob is growing fast and is talking so much. A lot of the time we do not understand him, but the words are coming.

We can't wait to see how Kaedo does. Good luck buddy.