Thursday 7 February 2008

so I said I wouldn't

post again, that is.
It's 7:50 and everyone is still in bed (although I do think I hear someone getting out of bed). I've been up since about 4am, willing myself to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.
I woke up at 4 wondering how much snow had fallen and looked out the window just in time to see a van identical to ours driving down our street. Now any sane person would go downstairs and look out the window to make sure no one had stolen our van. I, however, did not. Why, you may ask? Because I am scared to go downstairs in the dark. I always worry someone is going to grab my leg as I am running back up the stairs. I need therapy. So anyway, at 7 I finally dragged my sorry ass out of bed and checked on the van. Still there. Thank god - I would have lost it right there and then. The scene would have been horrifying.

We had a "snowstorm" last night. Granted it was a lot of snow, and it is still sprinkling, but we don't have to call out the army or anything. Albertans are made of stronger stock. We'd be outside camping. In Ontario we have a snow day. Heaven forbid we have to drive slowly on the roads.

Have got pneumonia. How is that for a kick in the ass. Been sick for about 5 days. Went to the doctor on Tuesday night and he gave me the good news. He told me I shouldn't fly but I laugh in the face of danger and will be heading out to less snowy climates this afternoon. That is if the 401 hasn't been closed dus a 400 car pile up.

I have gotten everything done except for one project. I finished about 10:15 last night. Talk about cutting it close. The first contingent of staff left this morning at 7. I would have been screwed if that was me. 4am comes mighty quickly. In saying that, I was up, wasn't I?

Although mom and I talked about me not writing a list for Craig about activities, lunches, etc, I broke down and wrote one out. I feel better knowing that he knows who has to be picked up when and what they need in their lunches. Even after 6 months of the same schedule he still comes in the house some nights and says, "Where's Kaedo? TKD?". To which I have to reply, "No, tonight was tennis". Let me just say that I am so thankful for the husband I have. He is so awesome. He says that any dad would do what he does for me, but I know that isn't true. He has taken the time off to look after the boys, get them to their activities, get their homework done, feed them supper (see, they are better off with him), and just spend time with them. He's great. In a class by himself - probably pretty lonely.

Ok - that's it for now. Don't know if I'll be able to post on the road.
talk later,
s

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Yes he is a wonderful husband and father. Telling you not to make a list enabled you to write only one instead of four, so I did my job.

I'm hobbling today which is a lot better than yesterday. Unfortunately my foot didn't decide to give up walking until two hours after I fell at a mall. I could have sued if it had ceased earlier. Isn't that what they do here? Anyway, the blood got cleaned up, the ice packs and bandages purchased and used and the putter came in handy for more than golf. I have never been unable to walk that I can remember, it is very disconcerting. Today we didn't do anything that required too much agility but it was a great day anyway. We went to a museum, played pool, went to a pot luck and played bingo. Tomorrow we hopefully will get to sit on the beach at Isla Blanca.

Love to all