Wednesday 27 February 2008

Hip Hip Hooray!

Basketball is almost over. One more week. The finals. Tuesday is just so busy and Sterling doesn't like his coach. While he has gone willingly, if we had given him the option the back out, I'm sure he would have. So, Tuesday it is. I must confess that I don't go to those games. I too, don't like his coach. He yells too much and it gives me a stomach ache - stupid I know, but true. That must be why I like bowling. No one is yelling at your kid but you. Just joking - I don't yell, I cheer. Anyone who knows me knows I don't sideline coach. To both of you with younger children - NO SIDELINE COACHING - or Anti will have to come out there!
Cold here today. Not too bad, but toques, hood, and ski jackets were necessary. Sterling was hoping for indoor recess because of the cold but it is so not that cold out. Poor guy.
TKD tonight - I'm driving. That gives me an hour of uninterrupted time with Sterling. So that means Home Depot, Dollarama and Radio Shack. I don't know where he gets this need for being in the stores but I have vowed not to stifle his love for large buildings with lots of stuff in them. It is hard, but I will give it my best shot.
Jessica and the brat have been in Texas terrorizing mom and dad for the last two weeks. It sounds like they are having a fantastic time. I just want to get my hands on that little munchkin. I'm so happy for them. I think they go home Thursday or Friday. I'm glad I'm not going to be at the airport. Sniff sniff.
Going out tonight - looking forward to it as I haven't been "out" for 4 weeks. Should be a nice evening.
Well, that's it,
later,
s

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Glad to hear your basketball is over for you Sterling but hopefully that coach hasn't turned you away totally from the sport that your uncle loves so much. Hope you had a fun time with Sterling tonight Shannon -nice for a mom and son to have quality time together - I still remember my b'day supper with Craig - very, very special - THANK YOU!

We've had a busy day today just coming and going it seems. This afternoon I went to a memorial tea for a lady that I learned to line dance with. She passed away very suddenly and the family didn't want a funeral but alot of her friends decided to have a tea for her which the husband and 2 sons finally agreed to. She was involved in many different areas and there were lots of people who attended from each one. 10 Line Dancing ladies were able to make it and when I arrived one of them asked if I would mind speaking for them and letting everyone know how special Anna was. We put together a few things and I got up and got through it without crying - I know Shannon, hard to believe but I did it.

Pete and Esther were to be flying to Kiwait today for 5 weeks but we got a call around 4:30 this afternoon from Esther to say that they had to cancel. Pete has had a terrible cough for over a month and they did a CT scan on the 15th of Feb. and finally got someone to read it this Monday. It was a different doctor than he's been going to and she said - if it was me I wouldn't be going. We're not totally sure what's all happening but Esther told Stan that he will have some surgery. They did tell him a month ago that there was a spot on his lung and were thinking it was from his fall this past summer. She said they would be sending it(not sure what) away to be tested. We all hope and pray that everything will be okay. He will be 74 in September.

Hope this finds you all doing well. Have a safe trip home Jessica and Emma - I'm sure you had a great time together.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!!