Monday 19 January 2015

Grover



I was showing Shannon some pictures on my phone the yesterday and she observed that I had an inordinate number of pictures of Grover on my phone.  Seeing as he is the most photogenic of the bunch of us it stands to reason... just kidding, I'm pretty photogenic as well ;)  This past year the kids and I have rediscovered an off-leash area in Oshawa that is also a conservation area.  It's a great time for Grover and fun to watch him explore without the confines of a leash.  There is one area which is a big open space where groups of dogs congregate and chase each other around.  The kids and I have a great time watching and laughing as Grover chases dogs 3 times his size and always wants to be in the mix.  I think he forgets that he is just a small dog as he plays like a big dog.  This past time I took some video to show Shannon (she is nervous of the off-leash thinking Grover may run away) so she could see how good he does there.  Maybe I'll be able to convince her to join me one of these times.  Here is the video I took of him.




3 comments:

shannon said...

He is the cutest damn dog I have ever seen!

Unknown said...

Great video, Craig! He sure isn't afraid of the other dogs and he's smaller by a long shot. He is just so much fun. He has a great personality and he's so furry/hairy. They do say that dog owners' start looking like their dogs or vice versa. Be careful Craig!

Got up at the crack of dawn (before dawn) so we could go on a tour of the U.S. Marine Air Base that started at 8 a.m. They forgot to stop advertising the fact that they don't do tours anymore...haven't for three years we were told. It's still in all the tourist brochures and on their web site. We were, however, able to secure our passes to cross the Barry Goldwater Range and the Wildlife Reserve while we were there. We literally had to sign our life away. Denis and I looked at each other wondering if we knew what we were doing but the lady at the desk assured us there hadn't been any deaths in modern times and because February is the best month to cross, there will be some people around. Really looking forward to doing this Camina del Diablo. You have to phone a number before you enter and give all the details of how long you plan to take, etc. Hopefully, that means they'll come and look for you if you're late.

Broke my front tooth last night so we went to Mexico after we left the base to get it fixed. They fixed it without doing a crown so I'm hoping it stays good. They said no guarantee which is ok with me. Bought two new pair of glasses yesterday and the thought of two crowns had me a little sick. Our Canadian dollar is really hurting right now but having said that, I'm happy that it's riding where it should be to help the economy at home.

Off to the movies, Selma is on the agenda for today.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Grover looks like he's having a blast! We've got a dog run in SC and I know it's used lots - fun for dogs and owners alike. Great video Craig!

Snowing here again today and abit of freezing rain again but nothing like the "ice rink" that the roads looked like on Sunday! Enjoy the sunshine Denis & Irene!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!