Friday 30 January 2015

Desk Love


Almost 20 years after Craig gave me this fantastic gift as a wedding present, I am finally getting the opportunity to use it again. After finishing college in '97, I used it as a computer desk until Kaedo took it over. It has been buried in his room for the last five years under speakers, candy wrappers, his laptop and other detritus.

Now that I've gone back to college, I have asked for it back and Craig was kind enough to make it happen. He built Kaedo a table to put his stuff on and carried this beast downstairs so I could use it. So now I have it on the main floor and am loving that it is a cool focal point in our already quirky house. Another piece with a history. As it is an old school desk there are name carvings, and so and so loves so and so scratched into it in pen. LOVE IT!

As I write this, I come to the realization that Craig is to blame for my fascination with all things vintage. Had he not given me this desk all those years ago we might actually live in a normal looking house, not one that belongs to aging hippies. Ya, lets go with that.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

It looks GREAT! Glad you get to use it again.

Got to PA safe and sound yesterday, in time to pick boys up from school. We are meeting Gail, Carma and her boys for lunch today and then back for a play date and visiting. Tomorrow busy day with hockey, soccer and basketball!

Have a good weekend and boys enjoy your days off. Big Hugs to all!bibiago

Unknown said...

Looks great and yes, by all means, blame Craig. Your house is quite normal, just a little ecletic. It is cozy, the vibes are excellent and we always feel so welcomed in it. It is my favorite "hotel". You're a little on the young side to be hippies, aren't you? Thought that was our generation. It doesn't matter what we call ourselves as long as we're happy and doing what we want to do.

Love to all