Wednesday 28 January 2015

Cocktail Anyone?

As a non-drinker, I seem to have a strange fascination with cocktail shakers and seem to have been collecting them over the last year or so. While most are simply on display, the smiley faces in the back, hold my loose leaf tea on the bar cart in my kitchen.

So I am sending out a call to anyone who may come across one at a flea market, antique show, swap meet, friend who has one you can steal, and help me build this collection. I have a really cool idea for displaying them but 6 won't cut it. I will pay the purchase price and shipping if you come across one of these beauties. They are all glass and vary in age with the speckled black and white being the oldest, somewhere around 60 years.

And if I was a drinker, my bar cart would hold the coolest selection of booze and shakers you ever did see. Now it holds Pyrex and tea. Boring but oh so pretty!

Thanks in advance for hookin' a girl up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really??? You'll ban me from the blog if I make any comments about ANOTHER collection?? Gee, I don't know how to phrase this...so I won't.

Heading to Mexico this afternoon to pick up our motorhome chair that we had re-upholstered. It looks kind of funny standing in the lineup with a chair between us. The border guys must just shake their heads sometimes. This morning when we phoned it was Manana, later we were told it was ready. The price he quoted this morning was way lower than what he quoted when we brought it in. He couldn't remember what he'd said and I wasn't going to remind him over the phone in case it's not our chair. We'll pay what he quoted but we want to make sure it's the same chair we brought down. Too fun dealing in Mexico, makes for a humorous day and many nice people become your amigos. Going to the Q for HH after that and then home to watch the tennis. Another quiet day.

See Shannon, I didn't comment at all. I can do this..I can do this..I can do this..NOT! Beautiful array, I'll look for some at the swap meet. Great talking with you earlier.

Love to all