Monday 14 April 2014

It's Been Worth The Wait

About 13 years ago, Craig and I along with the boys went to my mom and dad's for the weekend and on our way we saw the coolest wooden deer for sale in a yard. I immediately told Craig I wanted a set but at the end of the weekend, they were no longer for sale. I was so disappointed. Over the years, I have mentioned those deer enough that it's a running joke in our house.

What a thrill is was to come home form working all weekend and see these beauties hand made for me by Kaedo and Craig:

They are so beautiful and fabulous and all sorts of awesome. I just can't get over them. Finally my own set. The baby's head (Kaedo says his name is Mr. Snuffles - Craig says absolutely not - lol) even faces up like he's staring at his dad. So freakin' awesome!

Anyway, this was a wonderful 'for no reason' surprise, and I just love them.

I asked Craig if we could keep them in our room. He said no. Out to the front garden they will go as soon as they have been lacquered and the glue is good and dry. Maybe I'll just bring them in for now. Wouldn't want them to be lonely in the garage.

****** A SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom today! You ROCK! Hope you liked our singing and for that time of the morning we had better been first! ******

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

AWESOME JOB Craig & Kaeden!! They are so sweet and you made your wife/mom so very, very happy. Sometimes it's just the little things that do the trick - right Shannon! They would be a little freaky sitting in your bedroom so glad Craig said no to that:)

We seem to keep getting snow around this province this year. Yesterday, we had 3 little blizzards all within about one hour - no snow stayed so that was good. We went for a walk later in the afternoon with earmuffs, gloves, scarf, etc. and by the time I got home, my forhead felt numb! Today we woke up to -8 and it shows +3 now with sun shining!

Thanks for the call this afternoon Kaeden - so glad grampa and I were home to visit with you. Also so glad to hear the date has been set for your surgery. Please feel our BIG HUGS across the miles for you - we love you and wish you all the best.

Sending birthday greetings across the miles to you Irene - have a great day!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Thanks for the birthday greetings everyone. It was a great day.

Awesome job you guys. I have looked for those silly things for years and have never been able to find any that were for sale. This is so much more meaningful than going to a store for them. We know how much you'll enjoy them.

Great news Kaedo and you sound so positive and confident. So happy your wait isn't too much longer. Would love to see you dancing with your crutches and brace however.

Beautiful day here today. The morning walk was a little later than in Arizona but it didn't require a jacket which was a bonus. I really prefer walking at 11 a.m. rather than 8 a.m. or before in Arizona. Too hot for hoofing it there this winter after 10 a.m.

Great to be home, provided the weather co-operates. Catching up with friends and planning the lunches and dinners that we will have together. The park is almost full and will be full for Easter weekend according to management. Who in their right mind RVs at Easter....in Alberta??? Oh, yeah!

Love to all