Saturday 5 April 2014

Back at It

I started scrapbooking when Sterling was a baby, 16 years ago. A lot of it was sticker sneezes and cropping around people, and making pictures into shapes. In 2000 I started working in the industry and did so for 10 years until the company I worked for closed its doors. I mourned the loss of that job, as it had been a good one and the industry had been very good to me. I t had given me the opportunity to teach on an international stage to 100+ people at a time, as well as give me the chance to share my adoration for this form of memory keeping. When I finished working in the industry I wasn't sure what do do about scrapbooking personally. Was I burnt out? Did I still want to? I knew I loved it, but felt I had given all my ideas away (sort of like Christmas lol - family joke). Early this year I sold 95% of my scrapbooking stash as I hadn't used it in two years. Let me say I really regret it,

I have been thinking about starting again, not on such a large scale, but on a small scale doing something I really love. I am a huge fan of taking one picture that means a lot to me and creating a piece of art with it - or what in my mind is a piece of art. Last night I sat down and created this one - first one!!!! - and I truly love how it turned out. I am creating a feature wall in the house with scrapbook pages, pictures, drawings by the boys, and now this one will join.

This is me and my mom in December 1972. She was then and still is so very beautiful. And she still gives the best hugs ever!



Click on photo to enlarge

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

I remember this photo. Where does the time go? How could it be over 40 years ago that this was taken? I'm so happy you are back at this again, it gave you such joy when you used to do it and it is definitely your talent that shows through. Thanks for sharing.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Beautiful job Shannon! Always said you did such a wonderful job doing your scrapbooking and could tell you loved it. You are right Irene - where have the years gone. I've been going through my photos looking for pictures to make a birthday gift for cousins who are turning 65 this year - it is both sad and funny checking photos from years ago. Keep up your wonderful talent Shannon - looking forward to seeing more beautiful pictures.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful sunshine so far today - so looking forward to much warmer weather!

Big hugs to everyone!