Saturday 5 October 2013

The Breakfast of Champions?


The boys love that their breakfast is made for them in the morning. What kid doesn't, I suppose. After years of having to make it themselves, they are thrilled that now they don't have to. We have it down to a science and they eat the same thing every morning (by their choice). Our morning routine also includes "the LP of the Day". Today it was Neil Diamond. I thought it was fitting as it was a running theme in last nights Big.Bang.Theory.

I took some pictures of their breakfast so that you could see what they eat. Do you care? Probably not, but it's proof they don't eat Froot Loops. They would, but I don't buy them. Because then I would. haha


Kaedo has a smoothie and half a blueberry muffin. I have a wonderful non-electric smoothie maker (Tupperware) and just use frozen strawberries, yogurt and milk. He picks the straw of choice based on mood or color he's wearing. Yes, those are store bought muffins. While I make damn good muffins, we have recently learned that Cost.co has changed their baking processes and that there is no longer a 'may contain peanuts' warning. There are still 'tree nut' warnings, but we (the three of us) felt it was time for Sterling to open his horizons a bit. He is not allergic to tree nuts, so we thought we'd give it a shot. The first day I stood over him making sure he was ok and he was fine. Now they are hooked and only want those, so for now I am giving in. I cut them in half because they don't need a whole one each. When I get them I cut them all in half and store them in a ziplog bag and put them in the fridge. In the morning I put the two halves on a plate, heat them up and they are good to go.


Sterling has half a muffin, a glass ramekin of yogurt (strawberry or vanilla) and a cup of coffee. People may say "coffee will stunt his growth", well we can only hope! At least in the feet department. With size 14 and still growing - I figure he'll end us with 16 or 17s by the time he's done, a little stunting would be good. As to his size - at 6'1 and 200lbs, I'm not concerned about my kid shrinking.

Anyway, that's breakfast and I think it gets them off to a good start.

Now the popcorn in their lunches may be another story!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

You store them in a ziplock bag and you sell Tupperware....for shame! Looks like a good breakfast for growing boys. I like an ounce of Greek non fat plain yogurt and berries for breakfast...just in case you were wondering. I can't believe you would eat Fruit Loops, Shannon, even Avery won't eat them. She did finish the other cereal the boys left behind, Lucky Charms. Sterling, you loved lattes this summer. Maybe your mom would make you one of those instead. lol.

Awesome about the Costco labelling and the fact you can eat more stuff, Sterling. Peanuts are becoming a more serious problem every year so it's good to see it's being taken seriously. I've noticed a huge gluten free area in so many of the major grocery chains also. That is so great.

I love these informative blogs, lol. They are so fun to read.

Love to all