Monday 5 August 2013

An apology, the weekly gnome and the highlight reel

To start with, I must send out an apology to my MIL for not doing a better job of keeping this blog up to date. Every night she sits down and send us a whole bunch of pictures chronicling the day along with all the details. As we have torn apart our house and my darling husband is sniffing paint fumes 12 hours a day for the last what seems like 3 years, I have not updated the blog. To be quite honest, I didn't know where the computer was until last night. So while I am in no way going to do her hard work justice, I am going to post a bunch of pictures today and another set tomorrow.

First off we need to get the gnome picture out of the way. Mom, can you spot him?


Next up, lets get to some of the great shots of this leg of their adventure. And can I just say that this time two weeks from now my guys will be home in their beds! Yay!


Always a highlight a gramma and grampa's house - the opportunity to build something in grampa's shop


Sterling the Apple hater seeming to enjoy playing on gramma's iPad. hmmmmm


Kaedo treated everyone to Starbucks - yum!



At the race track - the boys love going and we usually go every year here at home
They got the opportunity to go twice with G and G.


I'm surprised Kaedo doesn't sleep in his glasses


A bear hug - literally! Notice Sterling is wearing Craig's class ring? He loves it!


Kaedo making a cake with gramma - she has been baking with him which is so great as he wants to be a dessert chef so this is great practice. When he owns his own pastry shop he may have to brush his hair, or at least wear a hat!


Rhubarb muffins which were scarfed in about a day if I am not mistaken


Kaedo's cake - the finished product. Lookin' good. Cake looks good too!


Pickleball seems to be the key word on this leg of their vacation. The kids have played almost non-stop. Poor gramma and grampa will never want to play again!



Bocce Ball anyone?


The guys!


Horseshoes


Kaedo trying out for the National Ballet


3 Ringers for grampa


1 for gramma


Sterling wouldn't quit until he had 10


6 for Kaedo


An afternoon of golf and the obligatory shoe shot


Sand greens - kill me now




More Pickleball - apparently Kaedo has played so much and so hard, he has a hole in his shoe 
Guess we'll be shoe shopping before school starts


Mini golf - god to I hate mini golf

So as you can see, they are having so much FUN! I have some more great photos, but those will come tomorrow. Thank you Shirley for sending all these to me. I feel like I am there with you guys!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Yes, I see the gnomee. On top of the net rail.

The photos are great, you guys looks like you are having a ball. Pickle ball is something that so many people play when we're down south but I've never seen it played here. Starbucks, the daily afternoon treat. So happy you're getting the opportunity to test your baking skills, Kaedo. Sand greens...only played them once, very different, but it was a fun day.

Hope the paint sniffing feels good, Craig. We're sure you're doing a wonderful job. The house will look so different and we can't wait to see the end result.

Had a wonderful weekend and the rain only came once we had supper out of the way and we're chillin'. The pool got lots of use and we found many treasures along the river bed since the flood. The mud was ankle deep but a little water gets everything cleaned up.

Love to all