Friday 9 August 2013

Round 4

Today the boys leave for the last leg of their holidays.  They are heading to be with their Anti and Uncle and the Littles. To say they are excited is an understatement. They can't wait to hang out with them and get to know them better. I know K and T have so much planned for them and they will be absolutely shocked when they see the boys in person. The only thing the boys asked for was to take the Littles to see 'Planes'. Parental supervision of course (as neither of my guys have ever babysat and wouldn't want to leave the theater if one of the Littles had to go to the bathroom - ha).

They have had a wonderful time with gramma and grampa and I have talked to them quite a bit over the last few weeks. They have loved every minute of it, including the nightly back scratching that gramma has been doing since they were babies. Even at 14 and 15 they still suck her in. I can just see her visiting them when they are 40 and them asking for a back scratch.

I think there will be tears today. Who am I kidding? Gramma will be a faucet! I am only posting one picture today, as this is such a lovely one. The boys playing, not looking at the camera, just being kids. You don't see that too much with Sterling anymore and with Kaedo less and less. Thank you for this picture, Shirley. I really love it.


Did I mention my two favorite boys will be home in 8 days? I'm not counting today as it's half over and I'm not counting next Sunday as they'll be home before noon! Yay!


1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

That is an awesome photo. Just shows kids as they should be.

So glad that the time hasn't dragged for you both and that the six weeks the boys have been away so far has gone faster than you thought it would. It is wonderful that you gave them the opportunity to spend time with their western family. They loved it and we certainly did.

Wonderful produce at the farmers' market and I got my weeks worth of veggies. I'm sure they won't last the week but we'll enjoy them while they do. Not too much on today, out for dinner with friends tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Love to all