Tuesday 27 August 2013

Fore!

Today we headed off to our local golf course - slash - apple orchard, and we had a wonderful time. The kids loved it, although Kaedo does not like to be told how to golf. He will "learn just fine on my own, thanks"! Sterling was up for some lessons from Craig and while it was very warm, the sun was not shining so that was a blessing. Our scores were abysmal and I decided I hate it when men spend 10 minutes searching for a lost ball. You lost it, get over it, move on. Geesh! Had to put a stop to that around hole 5 or it would have taken us 5 hours to play a par 3.








After golf we headed home so Sterling could shower as he had a hang out date with an old friend N. They hadn't hung out since March break so I was glad to hear upon pick up that it was a lot of fun. They hung out at N's house for a couple of hours then went to the movies.

We had lunch with Kaedo and then went to the thrift shops. I am looking for a record player (no luck yet), however, am feeling hopeful, so I bought 7 records for $7 today. One of the records (Craig found), had my favorite song from when I was a kid - 'Shannon'. How could I not have bought it? Kaedo and I spent the afternoon on Kiji.ji searching but no luck so far.

Tomorrow we are off to the gym in the morning for a class that kicks our asses then I have an appointment in the afternoon. Guy Time!

2 comments:

KPJC said...

I kind of agree with the lost ball thing Shannon. My father-in-law has always said to those looking too long for a bal "was it a wedding present?" Followed by "they make them every day!" Just move on.

Glad you had a chance to golf together. That was one thing I had planned to do with them but we kind of ran out of time.

Nice new shoes Kaedo.

Denis & Irene said...

We're baaaack! Really missed the blog but now you won't be able to get rid of us.

So glad you enjoyed the golf game. I was invited to go this morning with a group of ladies but opted to continue my normal morning routine. It is such a fun yet at times frustrating game.

A and E arrive today and will stay until Monday. We told J she could come whenever she missed them too much. It will be the first time we'll have them for this long. Hopefully, they won't be homesick. Movie night at the park tonight so we'll take that in. We have lots planned and the weather is great. They love the pool so that will be a daily endeavor.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Love to all