Friday 23 August 2013

Happy 65th Shirley!


Today is my mother-in-law's birthday. The big 6-5! I don't normally do a post for a birthday but as it is her 65th, I thought I would do a little more than usual.

Shirley met me 19 years ago come December, as I brought Craig home for his Christmas break from University. There was snow on the ground and it was bloody cold, but there I was with my sandals and no socks. She welcomed me graciously and included me in the family activities for the days leading up to Christmas. I often wonder if she knew then that she was stuck with me.

Over the years she has lent support, a shoulder to cry on and a sounding board when necessary.

And while we broke her heart when we moved East (although let's face it, we were NEVER moving to Saskatchewan, ha), she seems to have forgiven us.

She is a wonderful mother and a fantastic gramma. No one can scratch backs quite like she can, I've been told. 

So Shirley, from Craig, the boys and I, Happy 65th you old fart! As your cronies would say "welcome to the club"!

We love you!

PS - the 'old fart' is Sterling's contribution

PSS - yes, I know she has two sons, and 4 grandsons but I love this picture and it's my blog. So there.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

You are the best :)

Love you.

GrmpaGrmma said...

Thanks Craig & Shannon - love you sooooooo much!!