Friday 18 March 2011

The End

Today is the last day of Craig and the boys holidays (apparently you can't count the weekend). I thankfully have 3 more days before I have to go back to work.
Our last day of vacation consisted of a movie (Battle LA), a trip to Costco, a visit to Wal-Mart, a trip to the bike shop, soccer practice with dad and biking until dark. We have had a wonderful holiday and have really enjoyed spending time together.
Tomorrow we have soccer practice, Sterling and mom time, football and maybe if I play my cards right a date.
Sunday we have soccer at 8am (gasp) and 5 pm. I don't know what we'll do in between but I do know that getting ready to get back to school and work will be on the agenda.
The weather is wonderful here - no need for a coat - a sweater sufficed. The sun wasn't too bright but the wind was warm and Spring seems to be on its way. I have my fingers crossed.

Hope you have a great weekend, whatever you're doing - and mom - please pick up more cereal!

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Do you want S'mores and Eggo? They had both at Walmart and I have it on my list to pick up before heading out. Low fat mayo is another food purchase we have to make as they don't sell this one in Canada either.

Did a good climb today and went through a slot canyon in a wash. Very scary, claustrophobia was my companion. We normally climb with at least one other couple but we did this just ourselves. My constant thought was that if something happened no one would ever know where we were or what happened. I told dad not to even whisper as it might cause a rock slide. My camera battery ran out just as we got to the canyon so now we have to go back and do it again. I'm going to ask the neighbors if they want to go with us. The desert flowers and cacti are blooming and they are beautiful. Someone told me that we think they are so beautiful because they are in such a stark environment. That is very true as they are really quite basic plants.

The weather is perfect and the time is flying. Can't believe we'll be leaving here in two weeks and heading for home. Our site on the river is as close to perfect as possible, we just wish the park was more active. We end up at Emerald Cove every afternoon (aka Happy Hour) to socialize with their guests. Think we'll have to buy into that park, loads of fun. It's always been our favorite park on the circuit.

Hope the weather is wonderful wherever you are.

Love to all