Friday 7 January 2011

One Word

Hello All - the end of the first week of January. How are your resolutions? Have you made them? Broken them? Kept up with them? Of my public resolution (take more pictures) I have done remarkably well, as I hope you have noticed on ye old blog. I have a few private resolutions that are coming into play and I may or may not share them. I have high hopes for this year. Do you? 2010 was a year of changes and challenges. Craig and I both changed jobs (although within the same company), Sterling became a teenager, I put an effort into my weight loss goals, family came to visit, Kaedo had a break-out year socially, we started year two of gnomee and travelled for our first ever real family vacation. There were many other ups and downs that affected us and our families, but we weathered the storms and rode the waves of good fortune.

2011 is a year in which I will move into my last year of my 30s - yikes - mom and dad, you are OLD! ha. Sterling will enter his last year of school before high school, Kaedo hopes to try out for rep soccer, Craig has many job highlights coming this year which will test him and show him to be the perfect person for the job (do I sound proud? I am - he rocks).

On some of the blogs I follow there has been an ongoing theme of choosing ONE WORD that will lead you through the year and be a focus word in your accomplishments. The woman who started this a couple of years ago, Ali Edwards, has done it again and millions of paper crafters and non-paper crafters are taking the plunge and choosing a word. I have done so this year, which is new as in the past I have not participated.

My word for 2011 is ACHIEVE.

I have many hopes and dreams for this year and I hope by using this "focus word" I will be able to accomplish the things I am setting out for myself.

So, the question is...would you care to join me? If you would like to I'd love to hear what your word is if you want to share, and hopefully we can be each others cheering section.

2011 is going to be a great year. I know it!

If you want to read more about 'one little word', check out the link below and read them all.

http://http://aliedwards.com/2011/01/one-little-word-2011-the-words.html

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

We haven't broken any of our resolutions because we haven't made any. At this time in our lives, our life span is too short to worry about things we worried about in our youth. I always had New Year's resolutions and was semi-successful some years and not successful others. I won't use the last part of my life to limit myself in partaking of the things I enjoy. Having said that, I really must lose quite a lot of weight as the profile in the mirror is quite ghastly regardless of which way I'm facing. Since food doesn't entice me as it did in earlier years that part shouldn't be a problem, however, I've acquired a taste for champagne...that is my five servings of fruit a day.

As for my word of the year it would have to be LIVE..live life to the fullest measure possible.

Love to all