Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions

At Boston Pizza yesterday we talked about New Year's Resolutions and it was quite fun to hear what the boys decided on for this year. As always, weight loss is a goal but I don't believe it should be my resolution. I chose a new one this year as did Craig and the boys. Here's what we came up with:



Kaedo - Eat More Ribs (he had just finished some when he made this decision)

Sterling - Eat More Slowly (he too had just finished scarfing down a pizza)

Craig - Walk Ketchup More

Me - Take More Pictures



Fun but practical.



I am a picture taker and often pull out my camera but have found over the last few months that I really only pull it out for our gnome picture and that just isn't good enough. So I want to take more, document our life a bit better, get behind and in front of the lens. We'll see how it goes.



Today we are heading on a road trip into Buffalo for a shopping trip to Tar-Jay (Target). We are so looking forward to it. We also plan to visit the Falls (since we're going right past - another reason to take my camera). The boys have saved much of their Christmas money and on Friday went and switched it to USD. $100 USD cost $100.13 CAN. Great! The boys have some ideas of what they are looking for as do Craig and I so it should be fun.



Our sweet neighbors are taking over 'dog walking duty' for the day and they never seem to mind as we always come through with some cash or a gift to thank them.



Hope you have a magical day - I read that somewhere and thought - that's a great thing to wish for.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Good for you to discuss New Year's resolutions. When we were at Gord & Sandra's, that was one thing I wanted to mention and totally forgot. I thought it would be fun to see what resolutions everyone had in mind. I, like you Shannon, weight loss is a goal again this year but you're right - it shouldn't be a resolution. In Church this morning, our pastors message was so good and he made alot of good points as to how our life should be - we will have to take a close look at ours. One of the biggest things is that we should not worry and pray more. Dad and I will both have to try harder at both of these.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures on the blog Shannon. It does seem once family grows up, not as many pictures are taken but we would love to see more of all of you!

Hope you had a WONDERFUL day in Buffalo and got lots of bargains - great the exchange is so even.

So nice to have wonderful neighbors to keep Ketchup company.

I also read this "A Moment For you" in my magazine on the way home in the airplane and thought it worth passing along.

You're richer than you think! - You have friends and family. Dreams and determination. Potential and possibilities. Your talents are many, and so are your strengths - in fact, they outnumber any obstacles in your path. Whatever difficulties arise, they're no match for someone as creative and capable as you!
It had a Happy New Year sign over top of it and I thought what a good way to start the New Year - think positive!!

Love you all so much - BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!

Annette said...

Happy New Year!!!

I love the resolutions and I hope that your able to get behind the lens more! After I bought a nice camera I put my small camera in my purse and find that I take more pictures now....just wish I had more time to do something with all the pictures! :)

I hope you guys had a great Christmas! From the looks of the pictures it sure looks like a fun time!