Thursday 8 July 2010

A Great Day Off





We went to my office yesterday for a staff appreciation BBQ. We had so much fun. They had games set up and delicious food and my boss kindly signed the boys in so they could go into the centre and see where I work. I was able to take them through the centre, show them off to my co-workers, and show them all the stuff my office has to offer. They were impressed with all the TVs and the lack of work going on due to the World Cup. In our lobby they even have bleachers set up for the spectators. The kids were shocked at how many people were sitting and watching.
After that the kids wanted to go to Scarborough Town Centre, a fancy shopping centre just down the road from my office. We headed over there and walked around for a while. Jessica mentioned to me that Avery wears fancy things in her hair so we were on a mission to find something suitable. We were able to pick up what we were looking for at Gymboree. Cute store but SO expensive. I know now why I never shopped their for my boys. I was lucky to get BOGO half off, so I was happy with the price. When we got them home we were pleasantly reassured that what we bought matched the clothes we have bought her perfectly.
We headed to the grocery store for some supper fixings and then to the library to return a book for Craig and pick up some new ones. Don't know if he has read the ones I picked up for him but we'll see.
The weather got a little cooler now so the boys went going to hang out outside for a while. Craig worked late and I'm just got some things organised. The boys wrote their lists of things "They Just Gotta Have" for their trip. I told them they only have one bag each plus their backpacks so they need to pack accordingly. We'll see.




1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

How fun for all of you. The food looks awesome, probably because it's lunch time and I haven't eaten yet. See boys, work in a bank and get to watch TV all day.

Wonderful weather here today. Jessica and I headed out on the trail to Echo Dale. My biking skills (aka lungs) don't work as good as they used to. The recovery time takes longer now so I just stop and recover rather than keep pushing. Lots of hills on that trail. Tomorrow we're doing the coulee into the Tipi. Jessica is biking and I'm going to push Avery in her carriage. We'll each have a good workout.

Stampede starts tomorrow so we'll head into Calgary on Saturday. I love the crowds and the road rage, it's sooo comical.

Less than a week to go.

Love to all