Wednesday 24 September 2008

You'll never guess...

...what happened to me today. It started off busy and went downhill from there. (and it's only 1pm).
Where to start?
As you know, the boys are riding their bikes to school - sigh. This morning Kaedo had Harrier at 8:15am. He wanted to ride his bike, as did Sterling, so they were up bright and early off to school. Sterling planned to just play b-ball while waiting for me. Kaeden wants me to come to Harrier and watch - zzzz - so I do, of course. Where it got screwy is that Sterling had an Ortho appt at 9:15 and wasn't going to school this morning. So, he went to school an hour early just so he could ride his bike.
At 8:45, Kaedo rushed over to tell me he had forgotten his rocks for rock day. He was panicked as he has been waiting for this for weeks. I called Craig (he was coming to the Ortho) and asked him to get over to the school with the rocks. We got them to Kaed then rushed off to the appt.
We got to the appt and waited for our turn. Going in I was sure the Dr. was going to start with pulling teeth and waiting for the tracks. I was in for a surprise when he told us he wanted to start immediately. I was SO impressed with Sterling. He had numerous questions and had the opportunity to ask them. The doc was very impressed with him and I was proud.
Talk about fast - Dr. Pong said they were going to put the spacers in today and we would start next week. On the 2nd he gets his back teeth bands and on the 9th he gets his upper tracks. Yikes. If you can believe it, Sterling was just happy he didn't have to have teeth pulled. He was very nervous about the gas, as he really doesn't like it.
Had to sign my life away for the braces and for the next two years we won't be able to eat. Had to put down a big deposit in order to keep the monthlies lower, but that's what you do for your kids.
I think the worst for Sterling was explaining that he can't have any gum, caramels, marshmallows, etc. He was not happy and had me promise that the day he gets his braces off he can have two bags of caramels.
What's next?
Kaeden had a small speech planned today about Ketchup. His teacher gave him permission to bring Ketchup. At 11:50. At 12:20, Kaedo called me wondering where I was. Yikes!!! I had totally forgotten. Can you believe it? Oh, I feel terrible. I broke land speed records getting to the school and showed off the dog. Kaed said his speech, took questions and had Ketch shake a paw. Then the children virtually swarmed the dog. I have to say that I was proud of Kaedo and the dog. Ketch kept his cool and Kaeden kept everyone organized, having each kid pet him one at a time.

Now I am home and feel like I need a beer. It's 5pm somewhere.
Brava, anyone?

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

WOW - WHAT A DAY!!! Hope you had your beer Shannon - we were having a Happy Hour around 5:00 our time as well today.

Hope Sterling makes out okay with all his mouth work and he will look even more gorgeous when it's all done.

I'm off to bed - talk to you soon-

BIG HUGS TO ALL -