Tuesday 23 September 2008

2.8 kms

That's how far they went without me. The boys rode their bikes to school this morning - BY THEMSELVES! Talk about heart attack. They have been so wanting to do this. The last few days I have been following them in the van, and keeping their backpacks, but today was the solo journey. I think I mentioned that we got both of them cell phones. This is so that when they walk to Zellers, Busy Bee, the library, etc, they have their own phones and I don't have to worry about them dropping my crackberry (or blueberry, as Em would say). Let me tell you that the phones (hand me downs) and minutes (pay as you go) have already paid for themselves just from hearing Kaedo this morning.
"Mom, we're at school"
"How was it?"
"GRRREAT!"

I am now going to curl up in the fetal position and cry, knowing that my boys may have moved up from being 'medium boys' to 'large boys'.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Congratulations, large boys. How fun and empowering this is for you. We know that you will be very careful.

Happy birthday Stan.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Way to go Sterling & Kaeden!! You both are getting so grown up way too fast.

Thanks for the b'day greetings for Stan Irene - not sure if he read the comment yesterday but I'll tell him to read it today. He's off for Regier Honda - detailing cars - a couple days a week. He said he'd give it a try and him and Lionel agreed anytime he doesn't feel like doing it or Lionel finds someone full time - no hard feelings. He worked last Friday and didn't mind it too much.

I've been working abit as well. Cyndi Tasche has the Fall Into Christmas craft show again this year and it takes abit to get ready for it so I'm her helper. Don't make big bucks but enjoy the work and company.

I was at a funeral yesterday for one of our Line Dancing ladies. She turned 66 in June. We Line Danced together on Thursday and that night she had a massive heart attack. 25 of us Line Dancing ladies went together to the funeral. They have lived in S.C. for many years and both their sons and families are here as well so it was a huge funeral. 4 little grandchildren that meant the world to Myrna and it was so sad watching them. It's the ones that are left behind that you can't help crying for.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far - BIG HUGS TO ALL!