Tuesday 9 September 2008

guess where..

...I'm going?

That's right! Mall of America - The largest mall in the USA. Why am I going, you may ask?

Scrapfest! The largest consumer show in North America. Boy is it busy. Over the weekend I will speak to about 2000 women who all belong to the same cult - scrapbooking! I am dead on my feet by the time the event is over, but have a blast doing it. I will also be teaching five classes and am so looking forward to that. I am in my element doing that. So great. I only get the chance to teach a few times a year, so I just can't wait.

The Mall of America is quite something. You can check it out at http://mallofamerica.com. There is a Lego store, a huge amusement park, almost any shop you can think of and NO drug store - What the Hell? I don't get it, but whatever. If my memory serves me right, there is NO bookstore, either. What the Hell?

It is a lot of fun and in the past I have been able to pick up a few Christmas presents.

Anyway, I leave on Thursday morning. September 11th. The irony does not escape me, simply creeps me out a bit.

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

All the best to you Shannon - HAVE FUN!!! I can't even imagine shopping in a Mall that big but what fun it would be - one would need a map to make sure you're heading in the right direction.

Our plans on Thursday morning are to head up to P.A. to take up nightstands that Stan built. They turned out very nice. Kelly & Petrica will do the finishing job of painting and putting on drawer knobs. One is for Jacob's room and the other for the little one coming in November. Our plans are to come home on Saturday because there is a Bronco hockey game!! We've already been invited out for supper before the hockey game and the men will go to the game and us girls will find a great "chick" flick!

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!