Tuesday 16 September 2008

home sweet home

Aaahhh, to be back at home. 'Tis a wonderful thing. Got back at 10pm on Sunday night and was so glad to see everyone. Kept mom and dad up until about midnight talking their ears off. Craig had snuck upstairs as he had already heard my stories in the van.

Had a nice surprise on my arrival home. Craig was late, although to his credit I did breeze through customs (no line), picked up my luggage no problem, and their was a lot of rain and wind for his drive.

Throughout the weekend we had gone back and forth about having the boys come to the airport. Craig had said repeatedly that it was too late and that they were going to stay home with amma (ammy for Kaedo) and baba. Sterling apparently made a deal with Craig that they would put on their PJs, brush their teeth and sleep all the way to and from the airport. Ya! He brought them. When we opened the back gate their little faces were sticking out, cheering for me. It was great. No sooner did they say hi, did Kaedo ask for the Jonas Brothers CD I had promised him. Now I know where his priorities are. I am one second above the Jonas Brothers. Hmmm.

Do I have to tell you that we listened to the CD most of the way home? Finally I turned around, saw they were both sleeping and Craig shut it off. Thank god. I must be getting old.

Mom and dad were home holding down the fort and babysitting Ketchup (ha), and I was so happy to see them. This is their last few days here and we won't see them again until February so I am trying to get in a little more time before they fly home to their other more bratty but just as lovable grandchild (biased much?)

Back to work today (so why am I doing this?). I noticed that Craig did not post through the weekend so the three of you who read this must have been in withdrawal. Not.

That's it for now. Will try to think of something witty for tomorrow.

later

*** Craig must be having a heart attack over all the parenthesis I have used

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Yes - we did so have withdrawal from no blog!!! Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound and how nice it was to have Craig and the boys to greet you! Hope the rest of your week with your mom and dad is wonderful - say hi to them for us.

It is so beautiful here today - sun shining, hardly any wind, blue sky and 25 degrees. I want it to stay till November! I went to Line Dancing this morning and then over to Cyndi Tasche's place to work till noon. I'm helping with the Fall Into Christmas craft show she has here. It is on October 3, 4 & 5th so Stan and I will be busy that weekend. Then the next weekend is already mom's b'day celebrations and 2 weeks after that, we leave for our Branson trip! How time flys by when you're having fun.

Hope you're enjoying your day today - please pass along hugs to Sterling & Kaeden from Grampa & Gramma.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!