Monday 16 June 2008

Guess who we found...

...this!!! I found him on the outside (thank god!) of the front window yesterday. He was about the size of a quarter and he totally freaked me out. Of course we had to take pictures. I think Craig photoshopped a cool one but I can't find it. We are sure it was a baby tarantula and boy was it mean. Very aggressive when we tried to move him. We took a pile of pictures then put him in a container and Craig took him down to the park and set him free. Very granola of us, eh? Now, I don't need a bunch of facts about tarantulas and them being or not being native as I have already been to Wikipedia (just for the record - it looks like a tarantula on that site). I don't care what they say - it was a tarantula! Very creepy.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

That is tooooo creepy!!! I would not have been setting it free, it would have been put in something that it couldn't breath and be dead in awhile. I agree with you Shannon, it looks like a tranchula and it freaks me out looking at the photo.

It's sunny here this morning!! YEH!! Stan's out mowing lawn. I just got home awhile ago helping Sherry out. She had a dentist appt. this morning so I went over and watched the 3 little ones for a couple of hours. I said if it's sunny today, I'm playing outside so best get moving.

Hope there are no more of those ugly things around your yard!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

I hate spiders but it sure looks interesting. I don't think they have tarantulas in Ontario, do they? They have Black Widow there, but they're quite rare. We have lots of Black Widow here and also Brown Recluse, the latter giving quite a bite.

Not very busy today which is a good thing as I have a cold. Can't remember the last time I had one of those.

Love to all