Thursday 1 May 2008

Tearful Goodbye

Well, so begins 5 days of peace and quiet... just kidding. Shannon is off to Alberta (Hi Shann) and we have settled into a boy's routine. (Not much different than when Shannon is her 'cept we're all boys) A little tearful this morning as usual, Kaeden got a little choked up that Mom was leaving for 5 days and once again as soon as we got home and ready for school he was back to normal. Sterling was feeling a little under the weather this morning but the mean Dad I am, I forced him off to school with true words of encouragement, 'Here's some Tylenol for your headache and Sucrets for your sore throat, call me if you need to come home' Strangely enough, for a kid who claims to dislike school, his words back to me were, 'Yeah, I might as well go learn something today' and he stayed the whole day. I wonder if Sterling got sick after I had to drag him around last night looking for football cleats. To steal a line from Shannon, the person who invented men's shoe sizes must have been a woman. The junior sizes go up to size 6 while the men's sizes started at 8 or 8.5. Bigfoot here is a 7.5 in men's cleats, so it turns out the only cleats I could find that came in that size were Under Armour (after telling him when we left the house, 'you are not getting Under Armour'). The other convenient thing is that Under Armour is the only brand in the store that never, I repeat NEVER goes on sale. Signs everywhere, 20% off all cleated shoes... then in small print, excluding Under Armour. So $75 later Sterling is thrilled with his new shoes (even though they are technically baseball cleats, they have the same pattern as football) and hopefully he gets some good use out of them. Really, with two practices a week then practices and games when the season starts, I'll be happy I got him good shoes.

Until tomorrow.

C

3 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

They look great Sterling! You'll be able to outrun everyone.

Have a fun 5 days together boys!

We'll talk to you Sunday and maybe have a few photos to send once we've been with the Alberta bunch.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

shannon said...

Love the blog.Craig, You write so well. Why don't you do this full time? Have I said that before? We make a good team. Miss you guys and my morning hugs from the boys and call from you - although I did get one from you this morning. Love you guys. Will talk later.

Denis & Irene said...

Great cleats Sterling. Have a wonderful 5 days, we will.