Monday 12 May 2008

Happy Birthday the Sequel

Well, all is done including the cleanup. Shannon loved her present even though Sterling spilled the beans yesterday, accidentally of course. We bought her a tablet for the computer that will hopefully allow her to do more design work for her company (and herself as well) by letting her write on the tablet using a pen and it shows on the computer. The boys each made her a picture using a CD case that she will hang proudly in her office. On another good note the cake never gave any of us food poisoning. In fact, Shannon said it was the best dairy-free cake she has ever had :) Actually, she said it was the best cake she ever had but I'm sure she meant dairy-free. To be honest, I'm surprised at how good it was, not quite chocolate sour cream, but damn close. I think everyone has called and wished her a happy birthday and even her children have given her birthday wishes, although the little toad Kaeden decided to wait until after school to do so. Now she is working feverishly to a deadline, not exactly the way to spend a birthday, but she works better under pressure and the sugar rush from the cake should help. She got a lot of nice stuff and anything I fail to mention here I trust she will correct in her comments to my post.
As Shannon called us, 'the master bakers at work'.


Ta-da, the finished product :)



Tulips (her favorite) from the Backyardigans.



Her new favorite drink, a treat for her birthday, thanks to Jessica for getting her addicted to mistos made with soy milk(blech).


Ipood, I mean Ipod, from Jessica, Ken and Emma, rock on!


Zee works of art, voila!

Bamboo for you.



Lights out.


And a special mention to the Denis and Irene for making it possible for her to celebrate with you as well. Mom and Dad, thanks for the 'stairbox' and the Tim Horton's card and Kelly and Tica for the movie and Chapters cards. She loved everything.


That is all for tonight, the blogging pro will be back in action tomorrow.


C

3 comments:

shannon said...

Aside from this proving to me how fat I really am, it gives me great memories. Craig did an awesome job of giving me a wonderful birthday and the boys were happy to get cake - the best, by the way! Thanks to everyone for the wonderful bday wishes. You can start practicing your 3 part harmonies for next year. Happy birthday today to Jacob! Lots of love, dollface.

Denis & Irene said...

What a great birthday day you had. The best part, I'm sure, is having your three guys spoil you. So glad it was so special.

I'm sure the cake was great and it was so appreciated because you did it yourselves. That beats anything bought in a store.

Love to all

KPJC said...

Happy birthday Shannon - you deserve everything at its best. You are my blog inspiration. We wish you the best and look forward to when we can get together again.

I am gald you enjoyed the cake - I don't know if I can keep up with the bar being set so high. A friend of mine here married 8 years has just finished doing the same for his wife and I told him to quit making things so difficult to match.

Just kidding - good job Craig.