Friday 16 May 2008

breathe

While I am in no way done with the monstrous project, I am seeing the light at the end of the first tunnel. Ramping up to the busiest time of the year for me. There will be a lot of creating and a lot of standing in front of my desk scratching my head in the next few months. I have just learned that on top of my regular duties at CHA I will also be teaching a 50pp class (at 7AM! yikes). Love those big classes. They give me a kick. So looking forward to that. Now all I have to do is design the project! eek. Have some things brewing. We'll see. The fall also brings Scrapfest at the Mall of America. It is a busy weekend in which I will talk to around 3000 insane women and teach 175 of them. Looking forward to that. It is tiring but good and it gets our name out and it's always fun to see women I have met in past years. I know I already have a dinner and drinks date with some women I have seen quite a few times in the past year. I look forward to that. It will keep me out of the stores!
Long weekend - not too much going on. Kaedo will go to TKD tomorrow am and Craig will go to football and Sterling will watch TV and I'll work. Sunday we have been invited to a big BBQ with fireworks. Hopefully the weather is good. They have opened up their pool for the season, so hopefully the boys will get a chance to be fish.
Well, that's about it. Have a great weekend. I promise I will post pictures of my trip.

later

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Good luck with every one of your projects Shannon - everything will turn out GREAT!

Have a great long weekend with your family and friends. Kelly, Petrica and Jacob will be arriving tomorrow afternoon some time and then we will be going over to Jim and Roberta's to help them celebrate their 25th anniversary. Kids have things planned and they are expecting around 80 people - it's supposed to be a come and go but you know how people are - they come and stay! It should be lots of fun. The men have a golf game planned for Sunday morning with 8 of them going. I'm sure us women will find something interesting to do while they're chopping away at the golf ball.

Stan's off with Leonard to visit their mom for an hour or so. She's doing quite well and has started to do some walking again.

Take care everyone and BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

Glad the project is done, I'm sure it was super as you are so creative. Hope everything is as you like it....

Heading to Lethbridge tomorrow to shop and get organized there. It's been very fun staying at Jessica's, not having to do anything, quite surreal and unworldly. Just work, come home, relax. The job is going well and it will not be much of a stretch to stay on top of everything. I biked there and back today, walked home yesterday as Jessica drove me in the morning. 20 minutes by bike, 50 minutes walking. The coulee hill is a killer but that's the only tough part of the trip. It is a very enjoyable way to start and end the work day. I find the walk more rewarding but I know there will be mornings that I won't be ready in time to walk and will have to ride. A wonderful week, I feel normal again. It's the best of both worlds..travel and work..no time to be bored or just watch the days pass you by.

Love to all