Sunday 4 May 2008

Gourmet

Well it sounds like everyone is having a great time in Alberta and thanks Mom for sending the pictures, the kids really enjoyed them. Everything is going good here, had football yesterday and it was fun as always. At Shannon's suggestion, I laid the seats down in the back of the van, laid out blankets and the kids watched movies while I played. The weather was a little cool and damp so they were more than happy to sit there and watch. After the game and 'post-game analysis' I came back to the van and was promptly told, 'we are at the good part in the movie, go have some beers with your buddies, we'll be done in a bit'. As a treat for their good behaviour, I suggested we make our own pizzas for supper. Sterling didn't want them on pitas as we usually do so I asked if he wanted to buy the dough and make them from 'scratch'. The were enthused and after a quick trip to the grocery store, the following pictures are the result. They had a fun time making them, probably more than actually eating them. There was a bit of mess, but worth it for the experience. Guess which ones are Kaedo's, as a clue, he made three (of course).





Who knew you could make pizzas with cookie cutters?

The kids, up to their usual antics, also had a game of what I can only describe as 'Plastic Bag Sumo Wrestling'. Each pilfered our stockpile of plastic bags for their traditional Sumo garb and proceeded to wrestle downstairs, until I came around with the camera at which time it became 'Evade Dad for Fear He Might Post These Pictures On the Blog'. I caught an unsuspecting Sterling as he donned his gear, Kaedo was much more elusive as I only caught blurs of plastic and white hair. Sterling will spaz if he knows I posted these but I risked it before and thankfully they don't read the blog. Besides which, I think its a flattering picture, not like he's naked or in his unders, he is fully clothed in plastic bags :)





In baby news, our Momma robins eggs finally hatched and here are some pictures of the butt ugly babies. Thank God this camera isn't that good. Once Shannon comes home we'll try and get some pictures of them with feathers. See Sterling, now these are some embarrassing pictures. Nudity alert, nudity alert.






Until later,

C

1 comment:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Sterling & Kaeden, the pizza's look yummy! I'm sure you enjoyed eating them all up. Great photos Craig! Keep up the good work. Great picture of the little robins - oh my gosh! Glad no harm came to them.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!