Thursday 18 December 2008

lovin' it!

So - it is 12:15am, and I got home from work about 30 minutes ago and I am pumped and wired and not tired at all. I am loving my new job. I am still in the training phase, and starting work at 4pm is sometimes hard, but it is awesome. I love to learn. I love to be in the classroom, and I am loving being with all these people. The class is very culturally diverse with people from Greece, Sri Lanka, Grenada, Iran, Africa, all over. There have been some pretty intense conversations in the downtime about different cultures, etc, but I have stayed away from that. On my break I take time to read and eat and call the fam.
Craig and the boys are doing awesome. I think things maybe run smoother when I am not home. hmmm.
Anyway - just wanted to check in and tell you all (all 6 of you) that everything is great here. Life is good. It's been a long while since I've said that!
While I am at it, I'll brag that I wrote two tests today and scored a respectable 96% and 88%. Not too shabby for someone who hasn't been in a classroom for 11 years. I guess I have been listening to Craig all those times he has talked to me about the bank. I know I've said it before - but it's true!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Congratulations, very good marks. You sound so very satisfied with your new life. There is a bonus to being around people even if you don't get involved in their discussions. Just listening really makes you aware about how different and diverse our world really is.

Glad that Craig and the boys are doing so well, they want to make sure that you don't worry about them.

You have no idea how wonderful it is to hear you so pumped and happy about life.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

So glad to hear things are going along smoothly with your training Shannon - you're doing awesome (as we knew you would)!! Sterling & Kaeden have become such grown up young boys and they know this is important to your family. As for Craig - well what can we say, you're awesome as well!!
The week sure goes by fast and here it's already Thursday. We've had our Christmas coffee get-togethers - mine was yesterday - so today is our last one at Roberta's. It's this afternoon, so I'm going to my Line Dancing this morning.
Mom heard from Joyce last night - she got home!!! I'll be giving her a call today to see how things are going. It'll be a long old haul again getting everything around the house ready for her to be able to use.
Have a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!!