Sunday 14 December 2008

A Christmasy Weekend

The boys in front of the tree - terrible lighting - sorry about that!
Our angel - Sterling made it in daycare and we have always used it. I love it.

Kaedo putting up an ornament - nice hair, man!

Sterling adding an ornament. Nice hair, man!

More ornament hanging

Shaking the box for our Secret Santa

Self-explanatory. Every year we draw names and add a dollar value to our Secret Santa. We have decided on $5 this year (everyone uses their own money). Next weekend we will all go out and buy something for whoever we got, will wrap it, and open them on Christmas Eve.
Some of our Christmas snacks
The Christmas Season has officially started for us! We had a wonderful weekend together, and I spent tons of time hanging out with the boys. It was great. I guess being away all week makes me crave tons of time with them. I did some Christmas shopping early on Saturday morning, then went to Kaedo's soccer game and watched a movie. Today I slept in - really slept in - it was awesome! I went out and picked up some snacks for our tree decorating party, downloaded some Christmas songs to my ipod and we set out to decorate the tree. It was fun. We have so many old ornaments and I think of their history as soon I hold them. Craig and I both checked last year's pictures to see who had put the angel on the tree, and this was Kaedo's year. Poor Craig - he spent yesterday helping a friend move and was aching today. He had to lift Kaedo up to place the angel and while he didn't groan out loud I know he was aching.
Back to work for everyone tomorrow. A short week for Craig, as he starts his holidays on Thursday. The boy's last day is Friday and I work right up until 11pm on Christmas Eve. Oh well, such is life.
I am looking forward to the next few weeks. Craig and I are having breakfast together on Friday morning and they we are off to buy a special present for each of the boys. They will be thrilled. Saturday is Craig's 36th birthday. I keep asking him what he would like/would like to do, but he doesn't have any answers. Can you give coal for birthdays? Sunday we are having our dear friends, the Backyardigans, over for supper. Now I have to decide what to make. Looking forward to more celebrating and enjoying the season. Would love to hear what your plans are.

4 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

The tree looks awesome - especially the angel ornament - it is a special keepsake! Sounds like you had a wonderful day putting up your tree and having a fun time together. Have a great week and coal is allowed for a birthday present if it's the candy kind.

Just got a call an hour ago from Auntie Jean and Bretta and Cody had a little boy today (not sure of the time) and he was 8 lbs. 2 oz., 21" long. They didn't have a name picked out when Jean called but she'll let us know tomorrow. Bretta is doing fine and Jean and Lionel were both out there.

Talked to Uncle Don tonight and Auntie Joyce had her surgery this morning at 10:30 a.m. and didn't get back in her room till 3:30 p.m. He was getting a little concerned. She was very groggy when he left her tonight and he'll let us know how she's doing tomorrow. I thought Linda said she broke her leg in three places but apparently it is her knee that is broke in three places. Hope she doesn't have to stay in the hospital too long but I guess time will tell.

Our plans for Christmas are to head up to Kelly & Petrica's on the 23rd and the Broncos are playing in S.C. on the 28th so we have to be home that day for sure. Christmas should be lots of fun with little Jacob this year. Caleb won't know what's going on but we'll have fun holding and cuddling him lots.

Have a great week! BIG HUGS TO ALL!

KPJC said...

As said in Gma's message we are hosting Christmas this year and should be a packed household with lots of fun, food and "merriment"! I am pretty sure World Junior Hockey will be watched, laughs watching Jacob tear into everyone's gifts and maybe a few family games of shinny, Wii or other stuff.

You know Shannon, I do not think I officially congratulated "you" on your new job so congratulations. Also, upon reading your blog at work - do not tell anyone - I realized how much we still feel part of your lives, because we see and read all about waht you are doing. So again, thanks for all the hard work and the inspiration to do my own - I will get better.

Merry Christmas.

As for Carig's gift dilemma - I understand because once you get old like us, yes I did say "us" Craig, you are just happy with what you have and acknowlegement of living another year is enough.

KPJC said...

That being said Craig it does not mean we did not send you anything - don't panic

Denis & Irene said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day. Our little 3ft tree is decorated with 30ft of lights and will be decorated on the 22nd when Jessica, Ken and Em are here. The hors d'oeuvres look great, it is a special day when we decorate and I'm so glad that you are carrying on the tradition. You have started so many of your own, the boys must have a hard time deciding which ones they like the best.
Glad you had a great weekend and lots of sleep, it sounds like. It really doesn't feel like Xmas here as we're in shorts and t's but the people decorate just like at home. The only thing missing is the snow, and we don't really miss that. 36 years old, wow Craig, doesn't it go fast, I'll be the reverse of that on my next birthday, sucks.

Love to all