Thursday 21 June 2007

Hello



A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining,
the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing,
and the lawn mower is broken.
— James Dent

Hi All - how are you?
Thanks mom for the great post. I love to here from you. All is well here. The boys are in school and are bored but I have to work so they have to stay there.
Craig was back at the courthouse yesterday and once again got dismissed. He may have to go back on Tuesday for one last time. I think he's disappointed he hasn't been chosen.

Sterling is supremely excited for school to end and to get on with his holidays. When I asked him what he was going to do, he said, "camp,camp,camp". I think there was a "ride bikes" and "eat marshmallows" in there somewhere. The countdown has begun, two weeks today.
They will just get back and Stan and Shirley will be here. She scratches their backs to get them asleep, so they are in love her. Stan is out there from sun up to sun down watching and participating in all their crazy antics. Such fun.

Kaed was cute this morning. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, and he said,"I know you're not going to get it for me - it starts with an N". He is really hoping for a Nintendo DS and will not be disappointed. Thanks mom and dad. It has already been bought and when we were talking about all the colors of the DSs he said he wanted a pink one.(which I already knew) Craig is worried he will get teased down the road. I told Kaed and he said,"mom, don't you know by now - I don't care what other people think". Love it! Pink it is.
Sterling and I are going book shopping tonight. I put little coupons in their lunches once a week, and Sterling's coupon was for a book of his choice. Hopefully he doesn't choose an encyclopedia!
Well, I'm going to finish this off with a cute picture of my niece and one of my nephew. Check out her toothy grin and his long lashes.

Talk soon,
Shannon

1 comment:

Denis & Irene said...

Great photos of two cuties. I haven't seen that one of Emma before. How quickly they grow.

We're glad the boys are so anxious to be on holiday, they will certainly camp, eat marshmallows and whatever else they have in mind. We thought we would introduce them to raclette. We may have actually done it already but I don't remember. We'll use more kid friendly foods such as hot dogs, etc. I don't know if you can raclette Kraft dinner, but we'll try anything once. We also brought along our chocolate fondue so that should be a meal in itself. We will all have to bike after one of those feasts.

The motorhome went in for a check up today and it's wonderful. Windshield will be put in tomorrow, they make house calls so that's good. Saturday, work for us both and then yahoo! we're on the road again.

Hope you are successful in your next attempt at jury duty, Craig. They probably know how nit-picky you are and they can't afford to have the jury sequestered for that long. Really, good luck on your next try. Lie, that will probably help.

We sent Kaeden's card about 10 days ago so I hope it arrives for his day. I'm glad he wants what we bought him as he never mentioned that to me when I asked him.

Look forward to seeing you.