Friday 29 June 2007

First day of Summer (Break)

Hi All -
Busy day today. How was yours?
Had a great time visiting with GG today. Got to her place at 11:30am. She crowned Kaed the "king of the day" (birthday thing). She had all the chairs set up and the seating plan organized. She then told Kaed that she wanted to give him money for his birthday but that he was going to have to work for it. She proceeded to have him fill out his own cheque which she signed. She had some other treats like peppermints and some cool paper. She then asked Sterling if he would like his birthday money today, and she started the routine over again. The boys LOVED it. We then went to McDonald's for lunch. Every time we go she asks how much is a good tip. Makes me laugh. We returned to the manor and went to a Canada Day celebration. I have never seen so many old people in one place. It was kind of creepy, actually. I think the collective age was about 10,231. Have you ever heard 100 old people sing Oh Canada? I couldn't understand them either. GG wanted to leave part way through so we had to go all the way to the front, around the performers and down the aisle. "It'll take half an hour to get an elevator if we wait til the end". You know, because she has so much to do.
We left about 2:45pm and headed up to the bank so the boys could deposit (read cash) their cheques. I have been talking to them about wanting to walk down to 99 cent depot and getting a slushie - by themselves - ever since Laura told me she is letting her kids do it. Kaedo was all for it even going so far as to say he would like to go on his own. Not bloody likely! We came to an agreement since Kaed wanted to go both ways and Sterling wasn't sure, that they would only walk home. So off we went to the store where they pulled out their newly received $5 and bought a slushie and a piece of junk. I then explained to them very carefully how to get home, "yaya mom, we know", and let them go. They didn't even say goodbye.
When they got home I asked them how it was and they said, "Great". This freedom thing is hard but good. I trust them, so I guess it is time to spread their wings a little.
Craig came home early tonight so movie night it is. I am just finishing off a design team layout and will post it tomorrow - if I remember. Hope you are all well and have lots of fun this weekend. Enjoy your Canada Day.
s

No comments: