Tuesday 7 August 2012

one

The first one is always the hardest, right? Well, here's to everything looking up. My first day was not too bad at all. When you work reduced hours due to a graduated re-integration, it's not too hard. Getting up at 5:45am, now that was a killer. Craig and I drove in together and then he took the train home. I work tomorrow and Thursday and I increase next week.

The boys will be home soon - much to their dismay. They have absolutely no interest in coming home and I think have conned their Amma and Baba to extend their holiday. Soccer game next Tuesday so I said that was the absolute last conceivable date. I think they'll be home for the weekend. I miss those brats - I want to see them!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Glad to hear your day wasn't too bad Shannon. Hope the rest of the week goes well.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

I think the fact that the front slide didn't slide will make the prospect of coming home a little better, lol. We are doing the 1000 Island cruise today and should be home tomorrow, Friday.

It's been great fun and Washington is definitely the place to take teens who are interested in beauty, from buildings to gardens and art, it is truly a fantastic city. We know the boys had a ball riding the buses and metro and figuring out what transfers we needed and what platform we had to be on to get where we wanted to go everyday. Going to Virginia by public transportation was also a wonderful experience. The views from the bus windows was truly great. Our night tour of Washington to see all the buildings lit up proved to be the topping although the boys fell asleep on the way home.

Hope everyone has a super weekend.

Love to all