Monday 6 August 2012

468

It has been 468 days since I have worked. 468 days since I came to the realization that I was not able to continue my life as it was. Almost 10 years since I had had a breakdown, I was having another. This time my children were not toddlers, my parents weren't 2 hours away, my in-laws couldn't come for the weekend, my sister couldn't drop everything and come. This time my family had to do it ourselves. My boys are miraculous. They are kind, caring, beautiful children who were my reason for getting up each day and getting them to school. They needed their lunches made, they needed their mom, even though they are teenagers. My husband never doubted me. He never told me to suck it up and get back to work. He supported me and  cared for me and NEVER once threw this hardship in my face. Our families have helped us so much. You will never know how much everything you have done for my family means to me, to us.
There will be no 469. Tomorrow I go back to work. I am nervous, anxious, scared. But I know that I can do it. I know that I am ready. I know that with the support of my family I will be able to make this work.
So as for 468 - I hope it's the last time I see that number in this context. And to you, 469 - bring it on - I'm ready!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

Wishing you all the best Shannon - our prayers are with you this morning - we love you so much. We know you can do it! Hope the day goes well for you.

Denis & Irene said...

We know you can do it also Shannon. You are strong and day 469 just goes to prove it. Your boys, all three of them, are just amazing. They knew that things would get better if you kept working at it with people who genuinely wanted to help you. You have helped yourself though, more than you probably know, and day 469 goes to show that. Happy days at work, we know you are looking forward to it.

Love to all