Tuesday 14 August 2012

Falling Behind

Not much posting, eh? With the boys gone there didn't seem to be anything to say and now that they are home other things are going on. One of the great things is that my mom and dad are still here and don't leave until next week. I worry they are bored and may very well be but they sure don't show it.

My first week of going back to work is over and I am now midway through the second. It is going well. I am enjoying it (though not the early wake-up). I am remembering things all the time and am re-learning how to do others. While I am not returning to the same job I am glad for the refresher.

Craig and my dad spent the better part of two days removing the alternator from our car, searching for a new one, getting the old one rebuilt, taking Sterling to the scrapyard and having many other adventures before finally getting the car running late yesterday afternoon. They are quite proud of themselves I must say and I'm proud of them. Don't let anyone ever tell you you can't learn from YouTube.

Not too much else going on here as summer winds down. We are lucky to have Stan and Shirley coming next week and are so looking forward to that.

Speaking for myself, the last 4 months have been wonderful for my recovery. Seeing mom and dad 3 times, Jessica and the girls twice and Stan and Shirley once is awesome. I am so lucky to have the family I have.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

No, we are not bored. The last couple of days have been a wind down required after months of remodelling and sightseeing. Today we'll get something done other than sit around reading. The boys have expressed an interest in the movies, golf, horse racing and stock cars. I'm sure we can fit everything in before we leave. It's been a very busy time since we got home in April, we have gone non-stop. I have read three books since I've been here and they are the only ones read since April.

Kaeden, you played awesome last night, better than we've ever seen you play. Keep up the good work, you made a huge difference in your team's big win.

The car repair was quite a coup. We could hear the cheers all the way from the driveway. The singing of 'we are the champions' topped off a very successful day. Who'd have thought you had to move the whole motor 2-1/2 inches to get the alternator out. Both Craig and Denis said there were no leftover parts when all was done. Great job, both of you.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Glad to hear you are making out okay at work Shannon. You'll do great!

A BIG PAT ON THE BACK to the guys fixing the car.

Only 7 more sleeps till we see you guys - we can hardly wait.

Have a great day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!