Tuesday 24 July 2012

this is my 1306th post!

Yikes! 1306!
It's 5pm and I have 5 smelly teenagers sitting at my kitchen table eating popcorn like it's the last food on the planet. They are talking about scootering, biking, and travelling. They are talking about school, eating popcorn with braces, why there is no pop in the house, why you would spend money on braces when you could get a new bike instead. They are laughing about Kaedo's short soccer shorts and many other things.

I am sitting here listening and loving all of it. I love knowing that when Kaedo and I leave in 15 minutes for soccer, all these boys can stay in my house because I trust them. I have known them for years and just love the friendships that have formed.

They smell and they laugh and they joke and they tease. Music to my ears.

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

1306th post and we're loving every one of them! It's wonderful your boys have lots of friends to hang around with and also that you feel you can leave the house and trust all of them in it.

We've had a busy few days with little ones around our house. They are so much fun and glad we can still do things with them. It's been a beautiful week so we've checked out 5 different parks in S.C. and they are all kept up very well. We are heading to Saskatoon shortly after lunch tomorrow to meet Kelly & Petrica and then all the boys are going to the Nascar races. Petrica and I will find something to do I'm sure. Then we're back to P.A. with them and heading home on Friday morning.

Before you know it, you'll be heading down south to meet your mom & dad with the boys. Have a safe trip!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

We, also, have enjoyed your posts. The sound of young peoples' voices and laughter is always amusing and heart warming.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Travelling with no car for the first time has been great while we're travelling however, it becomes a little challenging when you have to do laundry, etc. We will rent a car when we get to our destination with the boys so that we can do things where public transportation isn't convenient. It was a beautiful trip out to Ohio, the countryside is amazing and lush.

Safe journey tomorrow.

Love to all