Thursday 9 July 2009

Shirley - this is for you

Shirley had two requests when she knew Tica, Kelly and family were coming to visit. Have fun and get a picture. I can safely say that we achieved both. This is the first and only picture of the 8 of us and I think it turned out really well. Shirley loves it, and that's what matters. We had such a good day at the Zoo and Stan and Shirley are so good to us that the least we could do is get this picture. I can't believe that everyone was looking at the camera and smiling! I have about 50 pictures of the kids together and about 49 of them have one of the four not looking at the camera or not smiling. How this happened, I have no idea. The only other good part of this is that we don't have to do it again! Shirley - you will have to keep this picture forever - it's the only one you are getting. I know I have said it before but man - you Klassen boys (all 6 of you) are gorgeous!

2 comments:

GrmpaGrmma said...

You two girls aren't too shabby yourselves!!!! In fact - you are both BEAUTIFUL inside and out - I love you and am so happy for our sons.

Thanks again for the photo - like you said - it is hard to believe that EVERYONE is not only looking at the camera BUT smiling as well. I will cherish it forever!!

It's dull, dreary and rainy here today. We had a few things to do this morning and managed not to get too soaking wet running (well hobbling) from one place to the next. Stan & Robert are over visiting their mom this afternoon and I've been catching up on phone messages left while we were away and e-mails.

Hope you're having a great day.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!

Denis & Irene said...

What a wonderful photo. Everyone looks awesome and so happy. I know you are thrilled with it, Shirley.

Our weather here isn't too great either. Not only dull but cold. Had to have a sweater on today.

Emma did really well with her surgery. It is so sad to see her not herself and she is so sad about what has happened to her. She cries and puts one hand over her eyes just like an adult does. She knew all about what was going to happen going in and she was awesome but she didn't know about the soreness that would follow. I felt that she felt betrayed, her cry was soooo sad. However, if she would have known how sore she'd be after, no one would have got her near the hospital. Tonight, she was obeying her mom and drinking from a syringe so that she could get the IV out. She had tubes put in her ears and her adenoid done also. Kids rebound so fast though. I went at noon and she was doing so much better by 5.30 when we went back. Poor Jess, she'll be sleeping with Em in that little bed tonight. Anyway, if she goes into labor, she's in the right place. Labour is going to seem stress free after the week she's had.

The job is great, one challenge after another. The first week I felt I'd never do it but after week 4 I just love the diversity of the work. The person who left with an illness plans to come back in September, so that will be the end of it for me. I think I'll really miss it.

Hope everyone's weather improves.

Love to all