Thursday 23 July 2009

Rainy Day

It is pouring rain today! Can you tell? The boys are having a great time. They are slipping and sliding all over the trampoline, jumping around, having a blast. Thankfully they actually put on their swim trunks. Usually they just go out in the rain/into the pool in their clothes. I have so many wet clothes that need to be washed! I told them they had to put their trunks on - I'm tired of the laundry! I can hear them shrieking from here. So fun.

Sterling got a call from the Library last night informing him that he had won a coloring contest that he had entered last week. He won a new book. He was so thrilled. I think he asked me about 10 times this morning when we were going to go to the library. So, up there we went and he got his new book. He was so happy. It is part of a series he really likes. So, congratulations to him.
In other news, Princess Sparkly Pants is doing great and her big sister is in love. Now I need to think of a good name for my sweet Em. Hmmm. Must get working on that!

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

Congratulations Sterling. It is always wonderful to win a contest as opposed to just having your ticket drawn (unless it's for over a million $$$, of course)

The rain looks like it's really coming down there. We've had very hot weather, I think. I go from the office to home and it's been very busy this week. Haven't had time to check out the blog even. Ken's here tonight so he's looking after those horrible bedtime chores.

You two boys look almost the same height...probably Kaeden's standing on a stair. If not, you better get moving Sterling.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Way to color Sterling!!! What a great prize for you. You could send a "little" of that rain this way but it was beautiful again today and I loved being outside morning, afternoon & evening. Alice & Marsha came over in the afternoon and brought an iced cap. from Tim Horton's and then Barb called to see if we had supper plans. She had made rollcuken (sp?) and watermelon - there is not way that we were passing up that meal! Uncle Ike had called to see if we were going to be home and we said not until 7:30 p.m. Tell Sterling that I'll bring the recipe along and we'll make them when we're visiting. Kaeden didn't enjoy them so we'll have to find something that he likes. We sat outside with Uncle Ike till 8:45 and then came in and played Canasta and I won - for a change! Hope you had fun the rest of the day - BIG HUGS TO ALL!