Thursday 19 February 2009

Thursday already?

Man - the week has gone fast. I guess it helps to have a bonus day off on Monday. The weather was beautiful here earlier this week but is a little cold today. What can you expect though? It is only February.
All is well here. The boys are doing great. Their school is running these after school programs on a variety of topics and Sterling had the opportunity to attend one on Tuesday. It was all about "critters". He got to hold a ferret, have a snake wrapped around his neck, get up close and personal with a tarantula, hold a millipede, listen to a parrot sing "happy birthday" and see lots of other cool animals. He really enjoyed himself. Had lots to say all about it. We are so lucky to have the school and council that we have. They do everything in their power to give these kids such good experiences. Kaedo is taking part in a couple of classes next month. He is going to a cooking class, which is right up his alley, as well as a class where you make 3D glasses and then watch a 3D movie. He is looking forward to that.
Monday we went and visited GG. It was nice to spend some time with her. She is looking great and is anxiously waiting for dad to arrive. I'm sure she can tell you to the minute when they will be arriving!
Work is going great. I had a coaching session last night and had to listen to one of my calls. Yikes. It was a bit scary. There were two other people and my boss critiquing my call and I didn't have any negative points. I was/am thrilled! Beginners luck I am sure but I am happy with how it is going so far. I know I have had some calls that I wouldn't want anyone to listen to so I am glad he pulled a good one. Saying that, I'll probably go to work tonight and something disastrous will happen! Either way I am really enjoying it.
Craig has been super busy at work this week. I'm sure he is happy that tomorrow is Friday. We have our typical weekend planned. The boys have soccer, football and bowling on Saturday and Sterling has his last snowboard lesson of the season on Sunday. I have registered Kaedo for another private ski lesson and he is super excited! I know they would like to continue but they'll have to wait until next year.
Been busy this morning making some easy to reheat meals for the fam. Made some chicken noodle soup, got some chili cooking in the crock pot, cooked up some extra ground beef for tacos and made some chocolate chip muffins for Sterling. He loves muffins so I try to have them made as much as possible. Have even done all the laundry. Something must be wrong with me! The way I figure it, anything I can do to take some of the pressure off Craig is good!

3 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

It's amazing how working outside the home turns one into a little Susy Homemaker. So glad you enjoy your work and I'm sure ALL your calls would be given great marks. Don't sell yourself short.

Glad the boys are having such fun at school, it really does make a difference. Kaeden,hope you have a great time making your 3D glasses and we're looking forward to one of your home cooked meals when we get there. You'd love the animals here Sterling but you wouldn't want to hold them.

No internet at this park so we're at the library. Car problems, so they'll have the parts tomorrow. A VW dealership with no parts!!! I guess that's where they're trying to cut back as inventory is expensive. They'll overnight the part as we are leaving for the coast tomorrow.

Our big storm and tornado warning missed us but we did get rain this morning. It's nice and warm though. We're just heading out to go and hike the swamp trail.

Love to all

KPJC said...

Great vids. Jacob loved to watch Sterlingand Kaeden snowboard and ski down the hill. Jacob was wondering if Sterling cried when he wiped out??? I told him he didn't because he got right back up. Great looking blog Shannon - I cannot keep up, you are too creative for me.

Check you out on Skype soon.

GrmpaGrmma said...

Congratulations on your new job and your great reviews Shannon!!

Today seems like Monday for us being away in the middle of the week. Your weekend sounds busy as usual and always lots of fun.

Sterling - you're braver than this gramma will ever be with holding all those animals and especially having a SNAKE around your neck - YIKES!! Makes me shudder even reading that you did that! Lucky Amma & Bubba to get to try your cooking Kaeden!

Hope to catch up with you on the weekend - missed talking to you on our usual Sunday visit.

BIG HUGS TO ALL!