Friday 13 February 2009

re-cap and pre-cap and pizza for all!

A re-cap of the week and a pre-cap of what is still to come...
Friday already and I am finishing up my first week on the job outside of my training. It is going really well. I am really enjoying it, although I often find it a little daunting. Dealing with people's money is a BIG deal. When I speak with them, they are often distressed and at that moment their money is the most important thing in their life, so it is sometimes very hard, but very rewarding when you help people out. I am really liking it.

The boys are doing pretty good. Kaedo is still not 100% but we are keeping an eye on him. Sterling has been a little down this week. Don't know if it is the puberty kicking in or what but it is hard to see him a little down. I'm glad it is the weekend and so we will get the chance to spend some time together.
Craig is working like crazy finishing up some projects and I think it has been a long week for him. He'll be glad to have the weekend off.

A pre-cap - with the weekend coming, lots is going on. As usual we have bowling, football and soccer and with it being Valentine's Day, we will be following our usual tradition and doing this:



Heart Shaped Pizzas at Boston Pizza! The boys and I have been doing it together for years but with Valentine's Day falling on Saturday this year, Craig will get the chance to join us. This was a tradition my mom had with me and Jessica and the boys look forward to Valentine's Day all year. I think part of that is that I let them have the day off from school and spend the whole day with them. Needless to say, they were a little disappointed Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday this week!

Snowboarding and SKIING this weekend. Sterling has his second to last lesson (he is so disappointed) and Kaeden has a 1 hour private ski lesson on Sunday. He is nervous but willing. I am so proud of him. I plan to take the camera this weekend and will hopefully get some video of the both of them. You will be shocked at how good Sterling is since the last video. A natural. I am really hoping that Kaedo likes to ski as we would love to maybe buy a season pass next year and ski/snowboard as a family activity. If he doesn't, that OK, too. I guess we will see.

Got a wonderful surprise at work last night. I was checking my schedule and noticed that I had not been scheduled to work on Monday. I went and spoke with my boss to see why and he informed me that I had the day off for Family Day and I get paid! What a nice treat. We will have three days together. I am so thrilled with this!

I will try and get some pictures posted on Sunday of the skiing/snowboarding and hopefully some pizza eating pictures too. Happy Valentine's Day to all of the people we love.

2 comments:

Denis & Irene said...

How awesome that you get Family Day. I didn't know that was a holiday in Ontario. Do the boys have it off also? It is President's Day here and also a long weekend.

We're so glad that you are enjoying your work. You really are a people person whether you think so or not. I'm sure you make the majority of the people you deal with happy that they have you looking after them.

Good luck bowling Sterling and I sure hope you love skiing Kaed. We brought skis for mom just in case you like it. That way she can ski with you.

Baba and I were thinking of doing "Grand Tea" at The Grand Floridian for Valentines day. When we checked the flyers this morning tenderloin was on sale for $9.99 and 6 oz lobster tails were on for $7.99 so that might be a more filling dollar purchase. I'd love to do the tea but Baba says there's not enough food. Whatever we decide to do, it'll be fun.

The weather here is perfect and we are in disbelief as we have to leave here on Wednesday. I can't believe our month here is up. We have some great places booked for the next six weeks so we're looking ahead to that. Floridians really enjoy their state so it's difficult to get into some of their many, many wonderful places without a reservation. We are totally booked except for one day where we couldn't get into anywhere in the area we'll be in. We're still hoping for a shuttle launch before we're too far out of range.

Love to all

GrmpaGrmma said...

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day together eating the yummy looking heart shaped pizza! We didn't do too much today. We had a Canasta party last night and our company didn't leave till 1:30 a.m. so we slept in this morning and didn't get moving till late. There was a Valentine's Tea at the Golden West where mom lives and she wanted us girls to go. Linda, Roberta and I were planning on making it and then we decided to drag Stan & Sam along. Mom was thrilled!! We had a quick supper and we took mom to the Bronco hockey game. They played Saskatoon and lost 4-3 so it was not too bad of a game to go to.

Our plans have changed regarding when we're leaving for Edmonton. We were going to leave on Monday morning but have decided to leave tomorrow morning. Hank & Jewel are coming along so they can visit their kids in Sherwood Park. Sharlene asked if we'd like to come up on Sunday and stay at their place and it would give Hank & Jewel more time with their grandkids as well. We'll meet up with Kelly, Petrica, Jacob & Caleb on Monday when they arrive. Our plans are to come back home on Wednesday the 18th.

Hope your snowboarding goes well Sterling and have fun with your ski lesson Kaeden.

Hi to Denis & Irene - bring some warm weather back home when you come back to Canada please!!

BIG HUGS TO ALL!!